Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

spark problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008 | 11:04 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default spark problem

I am having trouble and getting frustrated. I was not getting any spark i have changed the coil on the front that goes to the plug and changed the exciting coil ran for day and a half now no spark again. Any ideas? also chaged the cid box as well.

Old 11-02-2008 | 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default spark problem

It could be several things. When it is not firing then you need to get a meter and check the stator and trigger coil. Make sure the grounds for the coil are good. Make sure engine grounds are good. Unhook the black wire on the CDI first and try and see if that gives it fire. This will rule out any relay and kill switch. I don't know what year the 250 is but someone may have an onlne manual you can download to get some step by step checks for your problem. Sometimes throwing parts on can just lead you to an emptier wallet and no results if you don't do your homework first. I'm the worlds worst at doing that sometimes.

Old 11-02-2008 | 11:37 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default spark problem

thanks for the info. I have checked all grounds i think but may have over looked one.

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default spark problem

Hey, I'm curious, did u ever solve your problem yet?? I have a 88 trail boss i just bought. It ran great when i got it. I started it twice since i got it home. Now today it wont fire up, plugs all wet, no spark. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it, but I know the battery is bad, I had a battery charger hooked up to it to make it turn over, and was trying the pull starter, either way, no spark. The junk battery is still in it, i don't know if the battery is so bad that it could be the problem, I dont think you actually need the battery in it to run. not sure. Now im just frustrated. I dont have time to mess with it till Sunday. Any ideas???