Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

xp stock tires suck

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xp stock tires suck

Me either unless I going to be actin' a fool or riding in/near the wooded ravine in front of my house. Some steep stuff in there. Then I wear the whole 9 yards. I always wear long pants though. I see people in shorts,not me.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hddoperator

You've got a great wife if she wants to turn part of your yard into a mud pit,God bless that woman!

My wife loves to ride but I'm sure we will never have a mud pit in the yard.</end quote></div>

I'll tell you what guys, I had been kind of hinting about how I wanted an 850 Xp in stealth black and with a snow plow too, and one day about a month ago I had been out fishing and when we were done I was supposed to go pick up my wife from work and go get something to eat before we went home. When I picked her up she said, lets go by the Polaris shop and see what they have in used quads.
So we stopped in there and went in and there was the exact quad I had been wanting,(snow plow and all) with ribbons on it like someone had gotton it as a gift! I thought that the dealer had sold it to someone else! Then my wife told me to read the note on it and I did and it said HAPPY BIRTHDAY and MERRY CHRISTMAS with MY name!!
Wow was I ever surprised!
She had been working on the deal for a month before they even got it in!
I sure LOVE that woman!!

Old 11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

i know what you mean. man i hate the clean up!!!!

yeah my wife is pretty cool about riding and playing in the mud. but she does lack in house cleanning skills lol......hope she doesnt read that......hehehehe

Old 11-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

highoctane how do you clean up? do you use a power washer?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

here is a pic of the place she would like to make into a pit.
Name:  driveway1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  144.9 KB

Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

HIGHOCTANE
Thanks for the pics! Love that Green to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyone thought about a set of By/Tri Claws? They look like a very good mud tire.

~MT

Old 11-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

No problem mtpockets, I'll try to remember to start taking more,video too.

wlvrn-Yeah I could see a mud pit there for sure.
I use a powerwasher for the thick stuff,being very careful to not spray too close to leak prone areas on water sensative components or get too close to the paint. I've washed engines ect for years with pressure so I've figured it out I think. I have yet to have a problem on and ATV,just have to be cautious with how close you get in certain places. Even using that it takes while,my Dealer says I'm OCD,lol. When I clean a vehicle of any kind it is spotless when I'm done. Clean machines run better and last longer.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I'll tell you what guys, I had been kind of hinting about how I wanted an 850 Xp in stealth black and with a snow plow too, and one day about a month ago I had been out fishing and when we were done I was supposed to go pick up my wife from work and go get something to eat before we went home. When I picked her up she said, lets go by the Polaris shop and see what they have in used quads.

So we stopped in there and went in and there was the exact quad I had been wanting,(snow plow and all) with ribbons on it like someone had gotton it as a gift! I thought that the dealer had sold it to someone else! Then my wife told me to read the note on it and I did and it said HAPPY BIRTHDAY and MERRY CHRISTMAS with MY name!!

I sure LOVE that woman!!</end quote></div>

Now that is an excellent story!!! If ever my wife did that...I would totally faint! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I love my wife and all, but she doesn't have a clue to this kind of stuff. Even after I talk her ear off with all the specs and all. LOL! She gives me the..."Deer in the headlights look". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Rancher55...You certainly have a keeper!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

biz

Old 11-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

I sure LOVE that woman!!</end quote></div>

Now that is an excellent story!!! If ever my wife did that...I would totally faint! [img][/img] I love my wife and all, but she doesn't have a clue to this kind of stuff. Even after I talk her ear off with all the specs and all. LOL! She gives me the..."Deer in the headlights look". [img][/img]

Rancher55...You certainly have a keeper!!! [img][/img]

biz</end quote></div>

Thanks biz4two!
Yes I do have a keeper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And to top it off she had made arrangements for the owner of the dealership to deliver it 20 miles out to our place, right then![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Maybe a few of you guys should show this to your wifes!!
HeeHeeHeeasy now![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Have to stand up for my buddy wlvrn! I was the one that talked him into switching from Honda to the Polaris XP and YES, these tires are definitely a disappointment in any kind of mud at all! They really do collect and hold pretty much any kind of mud, turning them into mud slicks stranding you and your 785# machine! I can tell you, get an XP stuck and you will know the true meaning of STUCK!
Though these tires seam to be exceptional trail/rock tires for a stock setup and if this is your chosen style of riding they will keep you happy, but mud capable they are not! I was through the same hole with my 400 HO right after and had NO problem with the Swamplites!

Side note: All of the wooded areas here are now covered with a relatively thick layer of leaves hiding any suspect areas from view and it is fairly easy to drop into one of these very wet areas at any time without warning so even excellent rides can get surprised from time to time!

Quick Reply: xp stock tires suck