Customer Service/Tech Support Run Around

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customer Service/Tech Support Run Around

So bottom question for many of us to learn here also, IMO, is "How do you know
if you have the wrong AWD/ADC fluid" in your machine? And I really hope this resolves
to a happy ending, sounds like you were shafted!

Regards,

R'

Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

I know this doesn't help you out now GuitarPicker, but I'll say it one more time, "Where you buy is more important then what you buy!" and this goes for service also!

I hope you come out of this one OK Picker, but this should serve as yet another reminder to all of us to be careful where we take our machines to have them serviced!

Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the big deal with all this. Polaris states there is a 6 month warrenty. Not 6 year, not 6 months and 1 day. It doesn't matter how little the miles the machine has on it. THe contract is up based on time. Does Polaris give out goodwill?? Yes in some cases and no in others. The service contract is availible from the dealer and polaris sends out a mailer just before the factory warranty runs out to purchase the extended contract through them. If you so choose not to buy it and something breaks down the next day by law it is your responsibility. Anything Polaris does past the warranty is above and beyond what they have to do. THe only exception is recalls. If your dealer wants to do there best to go to bat for you then great. Maybe they can get a free part or the whole thing covered under warranty. My 500 is starting to show signs of the rollercage going south. I ordered one and I will pay for it. I have only 800 miles on it. My 500 looks as good as brand new. It sucks that it is bad. I know they have had issues with them but I chose to turn down the warranty on it and now I'm paying for it. But I'm not gonna go cry to a lawyer or the BBB. I'm just hoping that Polaris stays strong as a company through this economic struggle and keeps parts availible. Parts break. End of story. Cotton Pickers and Combines cost a quarter of a million dollars and when the warranty runs out, we go and pay for the parts and fix them. We don't go cry to John Deere and say it aint fair. Yes, it sucks that the ADC may have an issue or that its possible the wrong fluid was installed. Its possible that alot of people have had issues. But nobody has to help you with anything. If you buy a Canam ths same thing can with them. If they refuse to cover something out of warrenty are you gonna drop them for Honda or Artic Cat?? When does the blame game end and responsibility start??? Now that I've ticked half the people on here off you won't find any lacking of truth to what I've said. I have felt and still feel the same way as you about some companies and there ability to stand behind there products. But you and everybody else signed the papers. Why should you expect anymore??? I would look at your R.O. and see what fluid was used in the front DIFF. It should have a part number on the fluid you got charged and you can atleast see if it is correct. Have a nice day

Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Sadly, NC probably has a point! Especially if it was a dealer screw up!

Old 11-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ncriderforks

Here is the big deal with all this. Polaris states there is a 6 month warrenty. Not 6 year, not 6 months and 1 day. It doesn't matter how little the miles the machine has on it. THe contract is up based on time. Does Polaris give out goodwill?? Yes in some cases and no in others. The service contract is availible from the dealer and polaris sends out a mailer just before the factory warranty runs out to purchase the extended contract through them. If you so choose not to buy it and something breaks down the next day by law it is your responsibility. Anything Polaris does past the warranty is above and beyond what they have to do. THe only exception is recalls. If your dealer wants to do there best to go to bat for you then great. Maybe they can get a free part or the whole thing covered under warranty. My 500 is starting to show signs of the rollercage going south. I ordered one and I will pay for it. I have only 800 miles on it. My 500 looks as good as brand new. It sucks that it is bad. I know they have had issues with them but I chose to turn down the warranty on it and now I'm paying for it. But I'm not gonna go cry to a lawyer or the BBB. I'm just hoping that Polaris stays strong as a company through this economic struggle and keeps parts availible. Parts break. End of story. Cotton Pickers and Combines cost a quarter of a million dollars and when the warranty runs out, we go and pay for the parts and fix them. We don't go cry to John Deere and say it aint fair. Yes, it sucks that the ADC may have an issue or that its possible the wrong fluid was installed. Its possible that alot of people have had issues. But nobody has to help you with anything. If you buy a Canam ths same thing can with them. If they refuse to cover something out of warrenty are you gonna drop them for Honda or Artic Cat?? When does the blame game end and responsibility start??? Now that I've ticked have the people on here off you won't find any lacking of truth to what I've said. I have felt and still feel the same way as you about some companies and there ability to stand behind there products. But you and everybody else signed the papers. Why should you expect anymore??? I would look at your R.O. and see what fluid was used in the front DIFF. It should have a part number on the fluid you got charged and you can atleast see if it is correct. Have a nice day</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] YES I've had to say the same thing to a lot of people,ITS NOT MILEAGE,BUT MONTHS! Its tough on some I know with almost new looking machines,like I've posted ,some I've been able to help,SOME NOT! While we are talking reality here,also REPAIR work at our shop are 30 days warranty on OFF ROAD vehicles,90 days on STREET machines parts and labor! Have heard soooooooo many times ONLY rode once in 3 months,OR just now able to bring back after 3 or 4 MONTHS!! TIME not mileage or HOURS. Thanks,just vented some of MY frustration at some customers I've had! Good luck to all! opt

Old 11-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

NC does have a point. The fact of the matter is, its man made. It will break. If the warranty is up, Polaris is not responsible for the problem unless recalled. I have an 05 800 with its share of problems. Not once have i thought it was Polaris's fault. I too take care of my atv but, it does get in sand, water and mud. I know that it will break. I expect it to break, goes with the territory. I do not mean to offend you GuitarPicker. But Can Am sells parts to. If there machines didnt ever break, they wouldn't have a parts catalog.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: oatman98

NC does have a point. The fact of the matter is, its man made. It will break. If the warranty is up, Polaris is not responsible for the problem unless recalled. I have an 05 800 with its share of problems. Not once have i thought it was Polaris's fault. I too take care of my atv but, it does get in sand, water and mud. I know that it will break. I expect it to break, goes with the territory. I do not mean to offend you GuitarPicker. But Can Am sells parts to. If there machines didnt ever break, they wouldn't have a parts catalog.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] GOOD POST also oatman 98,I need more customers like you and ncriderforks that know if you are going to play you are going to have to pay. For some that are easy on their machines and have problems, I know sometimes a bitter pill to swallow!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the responses, even the non sympathetic ones. As to the fluid, it was drained into a 55 gallon barrel and since it was so dirty, the tech said he couldn't say whether it was the right stuff. The proof is not there as far as Court goes. What I'm hoping for is a goodwill gesture from Polaris under the circumstances.

To those who expressed the attitude that since it was out of warranty, too bad, etc. I might agree with you ... if it was YOU it happened to.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

But it does happen to me. My transmition on my dodge went out 1500 miles after warranty. My 800 roasted the clutch for no reason at all, no warranty. i have had countless electrical problems. I still love my 800. i even kind of like working on it sometimes. Its like a jeep,if you play with it, you will work on it! I wish you luck on the goodwill gesture. I think it is worth a try. But, if you owned a company and i sent you a nasty letter like that, would you give a goodwill gesture, or would tell me to **** off? I am sorry that this has happened to you. It does really suck. I just dont agree with you blaming polaris for the bad luck. You bought that atv with the understanding you could have bought an extended warranty. but you turned it down because some *** told you that you didnt need to get it. I too should have bought the extended warranty, but i didnt. Fix it, sell it and go get that new Can Am. Just get the extended warranty because one day, it will break. This is my opinon and it is in no way meant to **** you off. i wish you luck and hope you injoy riding what ever you end up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

i had a rt ball joint break at 45 mph and total my machine it had 300 miles on it and about 3 months old..my dealer denied it and said i jumped it( my wheels have never left the ground to this day) it just gave out cruiseing down a trail..threw me and my wife off she got all bruised up.. i called cust service and had the dealer remove the balljoint and send it to polaris for a inspection on it..3 months went buy and my new machine is now out of warenty was in efefct when the joint broke..finaly a call from polaris legal division and the said they would replace the ball joint under warenty but would not cover anything else..my dealer wanted $4300.00 to repair it( it was totaled /bent frame).. progressive ins totaled it ( thank god) i bought it back for $800.00 and to this day it has never been jumped..POLARIS CUSTOMER SERVICE BLOWS!!!!!!!!! I WAS UNDER WARENTY!!!!..
i will never buy another popo but i will never sell the beast either