Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today's riding session gone terribly wrong....Please help OPT

I was in high gear...........

Old 11-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

UPNORT is shaking his head.

A shredded belt will cause quite a ruckus. Have only done it on a sled a couple times. Once just lost a few cogs other time had ran about 6 miles wide open (a lil over a hundred). Smelled a lil burn next thin BANG. It had shrdded, ripped out speedo cable, wrapped wire around both clutches. Got it cleaned out & changed there on the lake.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Power braking in high..The double whammy!
Like I said hopefully the dealer is cool, if not I hope it isn't too expensive of a lesson for you.
Look at it this way maybe you will save someone else from making the same mistake.
I applaud your honesty. I'm no saying there are alot of dishonest people on the internet,but many times stories don't ring true when someone realizes they have made a booboo.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:44 PM
DCT
Banned

Hope it works you for you, but I think it will be an expensive lesson. I was at my dealer (who is pretty cool) when a guy with a 07' Sportsman that was still under warranty brought in a shredded belt. Dealer said that he has never seen Polaris warranty a shredded belt yet unless one of the clutch drives locked up due to a mechanical failure. This guy took it pretty well, and paid for the belt. My dealer said if he had trouble after installing the belt, to bring the bike in, and they would see what they could do on anything else that might have been torn up.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

i wouldnt feel bad about it man. all people mess around and do stuff like that not knowing it could be bad and end up costing money. To me, a smoked belt is nothing compared to what some people do (and I have done). Anyone ever filp a quad and end up in surgery? Anyone ever make a 1.2 million dollar mistake? (I got out of that one LOL ). Even though it may suck - it aint that bad - you quad is still alive and better yet you are too! get it fixed and ride some more!!!!!!!!!!!! Belaive me - i would be first to cry if something happend to my quad (and it will some day) but theres much worse!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Could be an easy mistake to make. One brake lever and one brake pedal, normal reasoning would say lever front, pedal rear, after all this IS the way it's been since the beggining of time......Hope you get 'er straightened out.[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

brutus450 -
I second that! You could be in much worse shape just be thankful that you are not hurt. I was coming out of a steep canyon a couple of years ago when I hit some loose rocks and the next thing I know the bike rolled on top of me twice as it was dragging me down the hill. Luckily I didn't suffer to much but would have only liked to change a belt.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't cost you several hundred dollars like I had to pay.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess <u>everyone</u> doesn't know Polaris uses one lever for the front and rear brakes. It's not like they've done it for 23 years or anything, right? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We all do stupid things. If you get towed by your winch cable you may be getting another repair bill too. And if it's hooked onto the trailer ball, DUCK when the ball snaps off. I knew a guy who got a ball embedded in the engine block of his jeep after it went through the grill and radiator.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brutus450

i wouldnt feel bad about it man. all people mess around and do stuff like that not knowing it could be bad and end up costing money. To me, a smoked belt is nothing compared to what some people do (and I have done). Anyone ever filp a quad and end up in surgery? Anyone ever make a 1.2 million dollar mistake? (I got out of that one LOL ). Even though it may suck - it aint that bad - you quad is still alive and better yet you are too! get it fixed and ride some more!!!!!!!!!!!! Belaive me - i would be first to cry if something happend to my quad (and it will some day) but theres much worse!!!!!!!!!</end quote></div>

I made a mistake that cost more than that. I borrowed a 60-ton armored vehicle when I was drunk and went joyriding. When people ask why the army took my rank and my money, gave me hard labor and kicked me out, I say they didn't like my driving. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Then I explain it.

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] x 40 or 50??? Who's counting?

Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

frank....................you da man!!!!!ill bet that was a fun ride........yes we all do things we wish we would take back

Quick Reply: Today's riding session gone terribly wrong....Please help OPT