Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rate Dealers/Service shops in your area,(Polaris)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rate Dealers/Service shops in your area,(Polaris)

Give examples of good and bad service at your dealerships in your area.
Rate on a scale of 1-10. 1 is extremly bad and 10 being excellent.
What could they do better?
Do they have good suggestions?
Good deals or rip offs?
Good or bad service departments?
Parts in stock?
Are they fast and friendly or are they bothered by having to help you?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

They suck!Maybe a three.As far as parts in stock I don't think they even carry the cvt covers!Nice service though.Deals are difficult to haggle.Not fast or friendly.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

Dealer: Thibeault Marine, Ste-Agathe, Québec...

rate NOW 6 out of 10. I always got good service, since one year. Parts available fast, frendly people, good arrangment, good team.

What change now is the Service manager ( since 6 months )......I had a claim about my mags wheels...the coating peeling off 3 mags out of 4. I wait over 4 months for this claim. I had to call Polaris to know what is going on, call back the dealer every week at first than every 2 weeks. Finally after 2 months i bought another set of mags wheels....I had my claim after 4 months.....that sucks.

Plan to change my x2.....I have to talk before buying there again....

Next step...I probably talk with the owner.... will see.

Pat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider

My wifes machine had a few issues, the biggest problem was it would indicate the wrong gear on the display. I took it to the dealer 3 times, the first time the "adjusted and lubed" a sealed part (gear position sensor). The second time they installed a new sensor. The third and final time they SAID they installed a new ECM and finally fixed the problem.
Well guess what, I got it home and the same problem! The bad thing was the problem was intermittent so it would read fine one minute and be screwy the next,naturally it was ok when I picked it up from the dealer. Anyway the problem came back soooo I I got to snooping around and guess what,they lied! No new ECM,it was the same mud covered ECM that has always been on the machine!
Needless to say,I called Polaris. The lady was very friendly and recommended another dealer that is nearby. She also documented my complaint,and she said that according to their records the first dealer shows they put 2 ECM's on the machine.....something fishy for sure!
Well anyway back to my snooping. I began to trace the wires from the indicator sensor toward the front of the machine,and low and behold the problem was found! The heatshield had rubbed a bare spot in the harness and was causing a short. I took it to the dealer that Polaris reccomended and they replaced the harness with no problems.
So, needless to say, the first dealership gets a big fat 0 on a scale from one to ten. In fact it was all I could do to keep from going up there and causing a helluva scene! I hate being lied to!
The second dealer was frriendly and prompt, they had to order the harness but I didn't expect for them to have that type of part in stock. First impression, I'd give them an 8. There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

My dealer turn one motorsports Plymoth indiana.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Trailblazer

rte 3a motors, chelmsford mass
couldnt deal on price but the 500x2 i ordered wasnt on their floor, came in in good time. for service they are replacing the winch and hand grip heater no charge and that was after the warrantee expired. cant complain, they are upgading to a larger winch as well for an upgrade fee. very happy with them. there was a closer dealer, but he got bad reviews when i was looking to buy

Old 11-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Our local dealer has been good from the first time my wife and I went in there.
They have a well stocked parts dept.
They always ask if they can help us but don't hover around us if we're just checking things out.
The service dept. is good also.
There is very little parking area and little to no room to try a bike if you want to.
Overall I would rate them at an 8.
There is room for them to improve!. But they are good!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothin' but Great service at my dealers...........Wayne's World (Bancroft,Ontario,Canada)
Even sent me e-mails about my trouble(ECM) on week-ends,What to check etc........Now that's service!!!

and re-call (ECM) service at Rickward's Small Motors in Kearney,Ontario,Canada..........

Old 11-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Tri-K in Maple plain, MN. Not impressed...! Seemed like they could care less that I was there to spend money, when I finally got their attention they didn't have the 2 stroke oil or common parts, fender well and front spring spacers I needed. Spoke to them about ordering tires, I could get the same tires for $200 less online delivered. Asked if they would work on the price as I would keep the business local. NO! I gave them another shot last summer, needed a shock spring replaced, I had the new spring and shock in hand. They wanted an hour labor! See Ya! I havn't been back since.

Delano sports center. They have great service and are happy to help in any way! I brought that same shock/spring in, the guy at the service counter brought it in the shop, handed it off to a tech. 5 minutes later the tech walks in with it completed!! They had the oil, fender well and spacers in stock when I needed it. We talked about tires/cost, they quoted me $60 less than the "competitor", I mentioned the online price, he couldn't match it but got close. I got a call a day and a half later, "tires are in"! I've been back a few times for things I've needed. Just a pleasant experience everytime I walk in. Good store!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:02 AM
Trailblazer

My local, and ONLY dealer in town, Purcells Cycle and Marine, Jax FL.
For Sales a 9, They have a good selection and almost all models in stock.
For parts and service,,,,,,,,,,,,,Well not so much. Mabey a 2. They dont stock much if anything, and are WAY Overpriced!!! I went in there one time to get a new carb for my sons predator 90, they quoted me $400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I said Na dont think so. Got it thru CycleGear for $110. When I went back to pick up an exhaust gasket for the same bike they asked if I still wanted to order the carb, I said no, I got it for $110 somewhere else. They had the guts to say"You should of called us, We could have price matched" What the heck, Just give me your best price upfront not one that is 300% marked up. They say that is there policy to give you their Price and see if you'll bite. That is just a typical story of my deallings with them, Now I just buy online,,,Better price and some form of customer service. I wish there was another dealer in the area caause I love my Polaris's

Quick Reply: Rate Dealers/Service shops in your area,(Polaris)