Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP hand and thumb warmers

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XP hand and thumb warmers

Very, very simple to do. Took all of about 30 minutes if that. Had no problems at all taking off the grips, just used the air compressor and they blew right off. The ones John referred are what I bought and I am extremely pleased. They have 5 different heat settings and the thumb setting and grip settings are independant of each other. I'll tell you, you can not put them on five and ride around bare handed cause they get HOT!! I dont think I'll ever go with another kind cause these one's just sold me. I would have liked to keep the stock switch look and all but hey looks only get you so far, being comfortable will get you a hell of a lot farther. Get what you think would suit you best but this ones are def. my choice!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you like them Rowe.......

John

Old 12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JCDEYO25

These are awesome and a great price too......

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=M122TWM3SXRCPLAQBBKCCNNMCAEFKI WE?id=0034378521811a&navCount=2&podId=0034378&pare ntId=cat20147&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=M ainCatcat21412-cat20147&catalogCode=XH&rid=&parentType=index&inde xId=cat20147&hasJS=true&_requestid=46856
">http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas...requestid=46856
</a>

John</end quote></div>

Where did you mount the power controller? Velcro it on? How do you secure it to the location you selected? Pics would be awesome!

Old 12-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Chadly1980

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JCDEYO25

These are awesome and a great price too......

"&gt;<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://...as.co...as.....6856
">"&gt;&lt;br "&gt;&lt;a...true&.....as.co...as.....6856

...r /&gt;]http://www.cabelas.com...las.....6856
[/L]

]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas...requestid=46856
&lt;br [/L]

John</end quote></div>

Where did you mount the power controller? Velcro it on? How do you secure it to the location you selected? Pics would be awesome!</end quote></div>

I mounted it on the left handlebar........It comes with a mounting bracket.......I also added a small piece of nonskid tape under the bracket so it doesn't move......

John

Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

I bought mine for $32 from some motorcycle parts company on line. Blew the old grips off with compressor, and mounted the control unit on top of light housing so that it looks like it is built in. The grips are bigger and easier on my hands. I went riding with my cousins awhile back, and it was 32 degrees out that morning in the forest. I turned the units on high and kept my hands warm even though the wind was going thru my gloves. I don't think I could have made it without them.

Very happy with the product, and just installed a set on my friends x2

Old 12-18-2008, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

rutcutter, could you look and see how the warmers are wired. I wonder if this is a prewire thing with the polaris warmers or if it's a splicing type deal.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Roofer

rutcutter, could you look and see how the warmers are wired. I wonder if this is a prewire thing with the polaris warmers or if it's a splicing type deal.</end quote></div>

Roofer,I had my pod apart and the wires tie into the harness.There is a extra hot/switched wires.The dealer used a couple of "Y" type male spades to the factory wire.No cutting.Then a ground wire (of course).Anyother questions just ask I have the install sheets.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks. I thought they would be wired all the same since the brownings came with them.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Just wondering if you could order just the switch (s) to mount on the XP headlight pod and wire in another brand of hand/thumb warmers to the switch(s) so you could have the better grips and the nice toggle switchs?
Anyone tried it? Would that be a PITA to do, or even worth it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

You can put whatever grip you want over the Polaris kit. Myself, I really like the XP grips. MUCH improved over the earlier sportsman's.

Quick Reply: XP hand and thumb warmers