Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 XP Performance upgrades???

That's what the 850XP needs... a little more "grunt"! LOL

Can you hear the stuff breaking already? LOL LOL

Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Maybe he should toughen-up those axles first with a set of Gorrilas. Then think about performance mods?

Or invest all of this extra $$ he has in a good 5 month CD at 4%.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (make sure it's FDIC)

Old 12-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

fast or not... i've always been one to say stock sucks!!

if was to buy a 2009 Z06 or ZR1 vette i'd have to do something with it as well even though they've already got "enough power" i like to set myself aside from the crowd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

just my $.02

Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

At 23 years old, this is the time in your life to be stuffing all this extra dough away in savings. Start building that "nest-egg."

You already have an OUTSTANDING ATV.............far better than most![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I know, you don't want to hear it. Ok, I'll go away now.LOL!

Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sombitch_ls1

fast or not... i've always been one to say stock sucks!!

if was to buy a 2009 Z06 or ZR1 vette i'd have to do something with it as well even though they've already got "enough power" [IMG][/IMG]

just my $.02</end quote></div>

I'm the same way,if it has an engine I have to mod it for more power,lol.
If I had the money my Xp would have a turbo on it. No such thing as too much power....when you've had a 900+ RWHP street car everything else seems kind of weak. It's kind of a "SICKNESS". That was the lisence plate on my last Cobra.
With that said,there is a benefit to not modding a utility ATV for more power..it's called reliability. It wouldn't be real hard to double the power on the Xp,but it would be expensive to make the engine reliable,not sure what the stock internals are like but I imagine they would need upgrading(to make it reliable)Billet rods,forged pistons and crank,ARP head studs...ect ect) Even if they could handle the power,poweradders and 11:1 compression isn't a good combo,with the exception of maybe N20,still not a real good idea though. All would probably need to be custom made.. then there is the fuel system...upgrades certainly needed...it goes on and on. And it would probably be even more costly to keep drivetrain parts in one piece...again either custom made, or having to replace stuff often.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

At 23 years old, this is the time in your life to be stuffing all this extra dough away in savings. Start building that "nest-egg."

You already have an OUTSTANDING ATV.............far better than most![img][/img][img][/img]

I know, you don't want to hear it. Ok, I'll go away now.LOL!</end quote></div>

Yea i hear ya... but whats the fun in buying something if you're not going to mod it... its not like im talking about spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on top of what the bike cost me already.. im talking little things here and there.. and the clutch kit was just a thought.. dont want to break into anymore than the exhaust and ecu right now... want a good throaty sound out of the bike and im sure som ecu tweeks will be needed.... i may only be 23 but im also single and 23 with no plans of finding that "significant other" any time soon so money isn't my prime concern... sounds promising from someone making $9/hr huh? lol if i was to save money i'd have nothing at all but a 4cyl pickup/car and a cell phone! lol

Old 12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

You already have an OUTSTANDING ATV.............far better than most![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Ok,now that we are off track(and for once I didn't do it,lol)

This is very true! Save something,it may not be much,but get into the habit.
Also you will never sell a modded machine(car,truck,ATV ect) for anywhere near what you have invested. Machines depreciate,but mods depreciate even more. You might get more than if it was stock,if it is modded right,but not much more.
If I had all the money I have spent on modding cars,and extreme projects/hobbies in general...I don't even want to think about it,lol
That's one reason I am on a break from race cars..it can get very expensive,very fast. I never short changed my family,or spent money I didn't have,but now I think about stuff like..I could have paid for most my daughter's college tuition with that money...and that was just one car,and doesn't include the price of the car..just the stuff I did to it.
I've always said I will never grow up,I think I was wrong. I will, it is just taking me longer than most.

sombitch_ls1-
I know you aren't talking about spending a mint on modding an ATV,but you sound alot like I am about cars. Making a machine outrageously powerful and fast with your own hands and mind is fun,but think about the future. You are never to young to plan for the future,and the earlier you start the easier life will be down the road. It isn't as much about how much you save now as it is about habits you develop.
Basically don't get too caught up in dumping money into any machine.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sombitch_ls1

You already have an OUTSTANDING ATV.............far better than most![IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Yea i hear ya... but whats the fun in buying something if you're not going to mod it... its not like im talking about spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on top of what the bike cost me already.. im talking little things here and there.. and the clutch kit was just a thought.. dont want to break into anymore than the exhaust and ecu right now... want a good throaty sound out of the bike and im sure som ecu tweeks will be needed.... i may only be 23 but im also single and 23 with no plans of finding that "significant other" any time soon so money isn't my prime concern... sounds promising from someone making $9/hr huh? lol if i was to save money i'd have nothing at all but a 4cyl pickup/car and a cell phone! lol</end quote></div>

Yeah, som, stop spending your money on your toys and start working on your life savings..............jeez, kids these days. All they care about is going faster and being the best at anything they do. Oh, and for the record, get rid of that mulletmachine and get a real muscle car if you want to spend money going fast.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

lol....hell of a first post.

Welcome.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, som is a friend of mine so I had to mess with him. I've been using the site for quite a while now, but decided to go ahead and register when I saw his post. For the record, I own a mulletmobile as well.......ha ha ha

Quick Reply: 850 XP Performance upgrades???