Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfied and McCoy (WVA) trails

All -

I have some riding buddy's that are serious about a
trip to this place in spring of '09. I am really going to
try to make this run.

Question, who has been to these trails and which
major ones do you recommend there? What places to
stay and other things in this ATV centric tourist town.

FYI, for those who don't know Polaris, Fishers ATV World and
other ATV companies etc. do big events at places like this.
The town will let you ride your ATV on all the access roads, some
major highway roads, can drive up to McDonalds drive thru, etc.
alone beside the trails systems. Its supposed to be one of the Ultimate
ATV experiences!

Regards,

R'

Old 12-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

If you have PICS and video links you want to share of your Polaris experiences etc.
post them up.

Thanks,

R'

Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

H-M is supposed to be THE place to ride but I can't talk my friends into going anywhere out of state. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Maybe pics and video would help convince them.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.

R' I don't have pic's to post, not smart enough, but I live in MD and ride in WV,have been twice, and am going back in 4/09. U will not regret the trip. A great experience.Hit the browning fork and dinguss rum trail's. Stay in Man, WV. Contact Terry at the rockhouse lodge, or the depot lodge, he own's both and is a great host. Contact me with a P.M. and I will call you.The trailhead's are bearwallow and rockhouse. Have a great time.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.

R' we have our own place in WV, and U are welcome to come when we go, A deer lease with endless mile's of trail's.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:03 AM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

H-M is supposed to be THE place to ride but I can't talk my friends into going anywhere out of state. [IMG][/IMG] Maybe pics and video would help convince them.</end quote></div>

There are a bunch of videos over at You Tube. Do a search on Hatfield and McCoy at the You Tube site. That should convince them. My son and I are going someday... hopefully soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider

Me and my buddies are planning to go this spring/summer, and I'd also like to here some town and trail reccomendations

Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM
Range Rover
BUY AMERICAN!

My family lives close to the Hatfield-Mcoy trails..My advice if you go is middle of week and not on holiday weekend..Trails are awesome. Cousin works for EMS and they are very busy on the Holidays...

Old 12-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer

We went twice last year. The first time we stayed in Man, WV. Rockhouse Trail Head. He stayed at the Depot Lodge. Very nice place. The owner was really cool and helped us out a lot. Each room could sleep 7 or so and had a bathroom and shower, then a shower in the common hall. It was right on the river, it was all that. The trail head was a couple blocks away. Most of the streets are legal for atv's. They have small signs that say "Atv Ok" all over the place. The second time we stayed in a small cabin just outside of Logan. Bearwallow trail head. The cabin was Devil Anse Campground. That was cool too. Its a littler more ruffin it. The cabin was just bunk beds. But it had a fire ring and there is a common shower. I think it was 40 bucks a day to rent the cabin, so pretty cheap. As far as the trails, they were both great trails. Rockhouse was probably more challenging of the two. We went for 3 days on both systems. Next spring we are going to try for a 5 day trip. We will probably go back to rockhouse for a couple days then hit the trails south and work our way up north over the next couple years. It was a great time. You guys have to ride down there, I don't have vid or pics, I don't know how to put them on here anyways. But go, You will be hooked and want to go back for sure. I heard that rockhouse was the most difficult trails in Hat.Mc. I know the first day we stuck to the green and blue and hit a couple black trails. We did about 65 miles. The 2nd day we hit mostly black and double black trails. We flipped 3 quads and only did about 20 miles the 2nd day. It was awesome though. The last day we just kind of hung out and took it easy. There is a little bit of everything down there. I had a 350 raptor the first trip and had my PoPo for the 2nd. I would recomend the 4 x 4 for sure, but I had a blast on the sport quad too. Check out trail heaven.com for all the info. The maps are nice too, most of them very up to date, we had no trouble nav. down there. Each trail is marked and easy to follow. The higher the number of the trail the harder the trail is...green trails are smooth and wide, blues are a little more ruff, then black then....... double black..you will probably need the winch. Lots of rocks and crazy steep hills. I can't wait to go back...

Old 01-03-2009, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

All -

I have some riding buddy's that are serious about a

trip to this place in spring of '09. I am really going to

try to make this run.

Question, who has been to these trails and which

major ones do you recommend there? What places to

stay and other things in this ATV centric tourist town.

FYI, for those who don't know Polaris, Fishers ATV World and

other ATV companies etc. do big events at places like this.

The town will let you ride your ATV on all the access roads, some

major highway roads, can drive up to McDonalds drive thru, etc.

alone beside the trails systems. Its supposed to be one of the Ultimate

ATV experiences!

Regards,

R'</end quote></div>

The most popular trail is the Browning Fork/Rockouse Trail. It has the town of Man on one end and the town of Gilbert on the other end. Both are good places to stay. Gilbert offers more lodging options. If want some easy trails, ride Pinnacle Creek or Buffalo Mtn. Trail.

Quick Reply: Hatfied and McCoy (WVA) trails