Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Glacier I Mounting Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Glacier I Mounting Trouble

I am having trouble attaching my Glacier I system to my quad. I have a 2006 Sportsman X2 500. The directions for connecting the plow support to the mount on the quad states that I should slowly drive over the pivot attachment until it contacts the mount on the quad. Simple enough. When I attach the winch and draw the plow support to the quad, the pivot pops out of the mount on the quad. When I look under the quad during the lifting process, it appears that the curved engagement piece of the plow support is not fully engaging the bar/rod at the back of the quad mount that creates the pivot point. I have to lift up on the front of the quad to get the quad mount and plow support at the right angle so the curved part slides fully into the quad mount bar. I can not believe that my quad sags that much so as to throw the angle of alignment off. There has to be some level of allowance for different heights in the design, right? When I lift the front of the quad to the height required for full engagement of the mount plate it is now too high for the engagement piece of the plow support to touch the quad mount. No simple 30 second drive into the mount attachment here. Any ideas??

Old 12-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe some pics of how it's lining up and of the mount and plow bracket itself would help to see if any thing is wrong. Mine works fine, I could compare mine to yours even though mine is not an x2

Old 12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing i can think of without seeing it is; Is the pivot mount (bar) on your quad on upside down?
Look at the pics on my page and compare mine to yours. I think I still have the pics posted . I'll check and make sure.
I'm not sure if your mount is the same type but worth a shot!

Old 12-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

The ATV will sag from the plow weight, they are heavy, try and pick the plow up with your 2 hands and you will understand more. You can get rubber spacer things for 18 bucks at the dealer that go into the springs and help the sag.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

All:
Thanks for the responses.

dukeboy: I'll try to get some posted this weekend. Busy schedule.

rancher: We do have different mounts. My pivot point/bar is actually under the quad.

Koerbs: I will wind up getting some spacers, but I do not think that is the issue now. higher quad = the right hook up angle, but the plow bracket is too low to engage the quad mounting bracket. It is a vicious cycle.

Thanks to all again. I appreciate your time and input.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Can you post some pictures? Not sure why it won't hook up.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an opposite problem, It's mounts fine and worked well for four years but now when the blade is down and i back up it falls off the front. This is really annoying. I took it to the dealer and they said there is a lot of slop in it, nothing they can do. Has anyone else had this problem? I have an 06 yellow sportsman 500. Do I need to buy a new mount? Thanks for your input guys, Ryan