Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heads up for 850 XP owners..radiator hose position

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads up for 850 XP owners..radiator hose position

If you look at the lower radiator hose(right side) you will see it passes around the
bracket for EPS(all machines have the bracketry) and rubs on the edge of the bracket. On mine it is Zip Tied tight up against the bracket. From looking at parts breakdown they fix this on machines made after 11/03 by using the same hose that they use on the EPS machines(shaped to go arond the EPS componets) and by putting a clamp on the hose,and apparently bolting the clamp to the EPS bracket,or somewhere to keep it from rubbing. I don't think this would apply to EPS models,as they used a different hose from the start,but it wouldn't hurt to look at it.
On mine I'm going to take off the zip tie and put on a clamp to hold it off the edge of the bracket. It hasn't damaged the hose yet,but I'm not chancing it. An ounce of prevention is worth....

Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

A couple pics of what I am talking about. I didn't have the right size clamp so this is a temp fix until I can pick up a clamp,still better than the way it was IMO.
Guess I need to go over it front to back and find all the chafing wires and hoses,lol. Sofar though,the routing of everything still looks better than the 08 800 did.

Before
Name:  Polaris850122.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  82.8 KB
After
Name:  Polaris850123.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  69.4 KB

Old 12-14-2008, 12:51 PM
H20
Trailblazer

Thanks for the tip. I will check over all my machines a little better.

Old 12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks HO, I'll check it out and see what it looks like!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

Yours may be different but, I didn't like the way mine was pulled tight against the sharp edge of the EPS bracket. It might never have worn through,but as easy as it was to fix,I'd rather not risk it. I work in the avation field, and rubbing lines,hoses and wires are never good. In most cases they won't cause you to crash on an ATV,brake lines aside. But if you take the time to make sure nothing unprotected is rubbing it can make life alot easier. Besides getting stuck somewhere due to a cut hose or a cut wire,replacing wiring harnesses can be a PITA.
I gave it a quick look over when I first got it and repositioned the hose and any other suspect wires ect. that I thought were positioned poorly. The hose made it's way back against the bracket...good idea to re-check everything periodically.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:09 PM
DCT
Banned

HO,

When I was looking at the 850 at my dealers the other day, I wanted to check to see if the drain plug for the front diff was in the same place as mine. It looked like there was a hose or something right in front of the drain plug. Is that the hose?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

DCT-No it is above the diff.
On mine no hoses run over the front diff drain plug,it is on the very bottom and you access it through a hole in the skid. Nothing covers the drain plug.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:36 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

DCT-No it is above the diff.

On mine no hoses run over the front diff drain plug,it is on the very bottom and you access it through a hole in the skid. Nothing covers the drain plug.</end quote></div>

HO... meant the fill plug on the front of the diff.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

I wondered if that is what you meant. Even so,no,on mine it doesn't cover it. In the bottom picture you can see the fill plug. Maybe it was a machine made after 11/03/08? I don't know how the new hose routes. Maybe you could get us a pic,if and when you get back to the dealer.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:56 PM
DCT
Banned

No wonder why I couldn't see it... mine is in the front/right hand side (looking at the quad from the front). That one appears to be along the left hand side (looking at the quad from the front)... or am I looking at it wrong?

Quick Reply: Heads up for 850 XP owners..radiator hose position