Default HMF Swamp Series XL Exhaust for the XP

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

Thanks..every birthday I breathe is a happy one!</end quote></div>

Roger that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

H.O. That sounded awesome...loud pipes save lives. Did you put the EFI controller on it? I have been looking around for one for the 800..I haven't noticed any for the 850. Polaris runs a bit rich anyways I guess. Sounds good brother.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Pro Rider

That sounds great....

John

Old 12-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good HO !
It kind of reminds me of the way the old Dodge 383 or 440 motors sounded, you have that deep throaty sound at idle and then when you goose it, it has that rap rap rap sound! pretty cool![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think I'll stick with the stocker for now though!
Took me almost 15 min. to download that small file! LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Snedd800

H.O. That sounded awesome...loud pipes save lives. Did you put the EFI controller on it? I have been looking around for one for the 800..I haven't noticed any for the 850. Polaris runs a bit rich anyways I guess. Sounds good brother.</end quote></div>

The controller is still a few weeks out. I intend to read the plugs as soon as the weather allows me to make another blast on it. But, yes it does run a little rich stock...even with the pipe you can get to puff a little black smoke working the throttle sitting still.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

Sounds good HO !

It kind of reminds me of the way the old Dodge 383 or 440 motors sounded, you have that deep throaty sound at idle and then when you goose it, it has that rap rap rap sound! pretty cool![IMG][/IMG]

I think I'll stick with the stocker for now though!

Took me almost 15 min. to download that small file! LOL![IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Yeah,It definitely has a cool sound,different than I was expecting. I knew it would sound good,but I didn't think it would sound that mean when you nail it.

I think something is up with Photobucket...I can't even get the page to load now...
Anyone else have trouble?

Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

No problems with photobucket,loads right up....

Old 12-21-2008, 10:55 AM
DCT
Banned

Low end part throttle seems better,which suprised me as I expected to possible loose low end TQ.</end quote></div>

I wonder if the stock muffler had a bit too little back pressure, and the new one has just the right amount of back pressure giving it a little more low end torque?

P.S. I was able to view the video today (about the 100th time LOL) with no problems.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

Low end part throttle seems better,which suprised me as I expected to possible loose low end TQ.</end quote></div>

I wonder if the stock muffler had a bit too little back pressure, and the new one has just the right amount of back pressure giving it a little more low end torque?

P.S. I was able to view the video today (about the 100th time LOL) with no problems.</end quote></div>

I doubt the stock one has too little back pressure,but anything is possible. I can only guess that it had too much back pressure and now it is closer to right?? It really depends on a lot of factors whether you will loose low end as back pressure decreases. A big factor is cam specs, I have no idea what the cam specs are on the 850...I'd love to know though. It definitely seems to rev easier, feels less corked up and doesn't bog as easy at real low speeds climbing hills.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Shapeshifter Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rancher55

Sounds good HO !

It kind of reminds me of the way the old Dodge 383 or 440 motors sounded, you have that deep throaty sound at idle and then when you goose it, it has that rap rap rap sound!<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

Thats what it reminded me of.The idle up to the mid range of rpms though reminded me of a harley.

Quick Reply: HMF Swamp Series XL Exhaust for the XP