Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II Plow system.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:45 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II Plow system.

Yep, even though I'm satisfied so far with my Glacier II, when I purchase another one, it will probably be the Moose RMS, as I've heard it is more heavy duty than the Polaris system.

Moose also claims that the Polaris Glacier II Plow with attach to their mounting plate. So, if I have issues with the Glacier II mount, I'll at least opt for the Moose mount.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

DCT do you have picks to demo your added chain links thing? I hadn't yet installed mine
yet, I hope to do it after Christmas. I do also have some heavy duty quick link, I just can't
picture how you secured it.

Thanks,

R'

Old 12-22-2008, 03:38 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

DCT do you have picks to demo your added chain links thing? I hadn't yet installed mine

yet, I hope to do it after Christmas. I do also have some heavy duty quick link, I just can't

picture how you secured it.

Thanks,

R'</end quote></div>

RticKwad,

No, no pics... don't have a digital camera... maybe Santa will bring one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyhow, there is one bolt on the bottom of the plow that holds the bar that the winch attaches to. I removed that bolt and the bar. Then, I cut 3 links off some 3/8" HD chain, and slid the bolt through the bottom bottom chain link and tightened. Then I just attached a 3/8 HD quick link through the top link of the chain. It ends up about 1/2" as long as the bar, and provides a lot more lift.

It helps a lot when you have the plow angled. Plus, you don't run as much risk of pulling the winch hook or winch saver against the fairlead.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

G.A.S.,
I used my Glacier II for the first time with two back to back snow storms and it exceeded my expectations. Moved snow very well and I am very happy with it.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: grungyna

G.A.S.,

I used my Glacier II for the first time with two back to back snow storms and it exceeded my expectations. Moved snow very well and I am very happy with it.</end quote></div>

That's awesome![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
and a BIG WELCOME to the forum!!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

I try to convince my wife it is a chore to plow the drive, but when she sees me come in the house with a smile on my face she knows I was having fun.

Glad you are enjoying yours too grungyna.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had the Moose straight plow and Warn winch for about 3 years and it moves snow well. We have been well above normal snow fall this year, and it keeps up. My only concerns have been when it gets too deep on the side to throw the snow over the bank. The Country plow would have helped with that, but then I wouldn't have been able to angle the plow the way I want. I tend to have to plow the sides at 4 inches up, then replow the middle out when the side get too high. It also will bounce off the deep piles and push me off into the middle, so I need to push them farther out to the side. I also do a decent amount of straight plowing. When the snow is above 10 inches and heavy the machine has a very hard time. I think the main problem is it keeping cool, it gets warm quick.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: alwood0422

I have had the Moose straight plow and Warn winch for about 3 years and it moves snow well. We have been well above normal snow fall this year, and it keeps up. My only concerns have been when it gets too deep on the side to throw the snow over the bank. The Country plow would have helped with that, but then I wouldn't have been able to angle the plow the way I want. I tend to have to plow the sides at 4 inches up, then replow the middle out when the side get too high. It also will bounce off the deep piles and push me off into the middle, so I need to push them farther out to the side. I also do a decent amount of straight plowing. When the snow is above 10 inches and heavy the machine has a very hard time. I think the main problem is it keeping cool, it gets warm quick.</end quote></div>

does your blade have the optional upper rubber deflector? If not, get one and it adds another 4" in blade height![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Another Note: I use a drag harrow with a couple cinder blocks to rip the driveway in the spring and a few times in the summer, then the plow to move the gravel around and fill in pot holes and ruts. The heavy Moose plow on straight or angle does well. It has kept me from adding gravel for a few years. My driveway it about 400 yards long with a good hill that gets rutted from the rain.

Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nice thought on the upper deflector, in the light fluffy stuff it will probably keep it from flowing over the top also. Have to get one.