Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II Plow system.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II Plow system.

Well we finally got a good dumping of snow up here in Southern Ontario. Got to use my 60" Razor plow with Glacier II plow bracket. Before I bought the plow bracket I asked here on the forum for input, some guys said they liked there setup, said Glacier II sucked and Glacier I was stronger. Can't comment on the Glacier I but from what I have seen so far the Glacier II is awesome. Easy to attach, and man can these machines push alot of snow!!!
Happy Plowing
G.A.S.

P.S. the winter is the only time I don't mind how damn hot the exhaust is on the 800, ha ha

Old 12-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL! (the hot exhaust!)

YES, plowing snow is big-time FUN with an ATV!

I plowed 10" Sat morning and another 4" tonight. All fluff, no heavy stuff yet.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

Glad to hear you're happy with your set-up.

I plowed 5-6 inches yesterday....and a huge storm is about to roll in again! Can't wait![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

we had a foot Friday nite/Saturday, 4" Saturday nite and 30-40 MPH winds today!
That's on top of the 8" from Wednesday! We are above the record snowfall from this time last year! If this keeps up I'll log more riding time this winter then all of last summer!!!LOL!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 AM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: G.A.S.

Well we finally got a good dumping of snow up here in Southern Ontario. Got to use my 60" Razor plow with Glacier II plow bracket. Before I bought the plow bracket I asked here on the forum for input, some guys said they liked there setup, said Glacier II sucked and Glacier I was stronger. Can't comment on the Glacier I but from what I have seen so far the Glacier II is awesome. Easy to attach, and man can these machines push alot of snow!!!

Happy Plowing

G.A.S.

P.S. the winter is the only time I don't mind how damn hot the exhaust is on the 800, ha ha</end quote></div>

Plowed 3 times over the weekend, and the Glacier II has worked nice so far. The only problem I had is the eye bolts where the springs attach came lose. I added a lock washer on each one, re-tightened, and they seem to be fine.

Also, I replaced the bar that the winch attaches to with 3 links of heavy chain and a heavy duty quick link. Gave me a lot more lift.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the comments as I have been reading a lot about the Glacier II and finally ordered one last week hope to get it today/tomorrow so I can clean up my driveway here in SW Ontario as well.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Next time around I will buy either a Warn or Moose plow system.

The thicker gauge blade seems like it will last longer and perform better. Moose is 12 Gauge, Warn is 11.

What gauge is the Glacier blade? Anyone know? (60" straight blade please)

Old 12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

Seems like with as many different setups you can get for a plow, there are just as many opinions on which is best.

I am not sure on the gauge mtpockets.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: G.A.S.

Seems like with as many different setups you can get for a plow, there are just as many opinions on which is best.</end quote></div>

Here are some more opinions! (Click on the photos for the proper fix)

Old 12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

After studying the various systems and M.T.'s endorsement, last winter I bought a Moose County Plow RMS, which seems very heavy duty. We only had one snow of 1-2" last year - and NONE so far this year - so I really haven't had a chance to try it out.

The rest of the country is getting pounded, but here in SW Missouri, only a couple of dustings so far. It has, however, been in the single digits the last couple of mornings.

Quick Reply: Glacier II Plow system.