Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

X2 Bed Protection?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X2 Bed Protection?

Hey Guys,

I have been here a little bit reading up before I get to purchase a Polaris X2 this coming fall after a wedding, buying a house, etc...anyway...

I was wondering if anyone has put some sort of liner on their bed for the X2? Such as LineX? Is it worth doing?

Thanks for any thoughts you can share.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Polaris also makes a rubber mat for the bed too.

P.S. Don't buy that spray rubber material from the hardware store, I found it to be useless!

Regards,

R'

Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy Chadly1980......try this link. I have this bed protector and it's very heavy duty.

http://www.purepolaris.com/Det...849(PolarisPGACatalog)

Old 12-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

With that bedliner, though, you would have to take it out when you go 2-up?

If there were a spray-in bedliner, it would prevent things from sliding around, take more abuse, etc. Do any owners out there have an X2 and think they wouldn't mind having it sprayed with rhino tuff, lineX or whatever? I wonder what the cost would be on it.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Range Rover

I also wondered if I could do a spray in on my x2. I figured it probably wouldnt work because of the moving parts on the flip up panel. If you wanted to spray it right, you would have to spray around the underside a bit on the overlapping lip of the flip up panel. Seems like it would interfere with the operation of the setup, wouldnt close properly. I thought about taking it to my local line x dealer to get their opinion but never did because I didnt think they would reccomend it.

So I just bought the polaris bed mat, got it a couple days ago. Pretty heavy duty. The rubber is about 1/2 inch thick. It is a bit of a pain having to remove it for 2 up riding. Oh well.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

As NoJoke says the Polaris bed protector is VERY heavy duty - but you do have to remove it to go two-up.

I bought one - but never had the need to use it. I suppose if we were building a bridge on a trail and I need to haul rocks I could use it.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Chadly1980

With that bedliner, though, you would have to take it out when you go 2-up?

If there were a spray-in bedliner, it would prevent things from sliding around, take more abuse, etc. Do any owners out there have an X2 and think they wouldn't mind having it sprayed with rhino tuff, lineX or whatever? I wonder what the cost would be on it.</end quote></div>

Old 12-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I also have the bed protector and can ditto all the comments above. Very heavy duty, need to take out when 2-up, etc. You might consider Herculiner. It's like Rhino or LineX but you roll it on. You can get a gallon for about $85 or so. Not sure of the per quart price. I wouldn't spray in because of all the moving parts. If I were to do it, I'd tape off all screw heads and do the box and the lift up part seperately masking off the other part as you go. I put Herculiner on my old wooden boat seats 4 years ago and they are still like the day I did them.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

I've used the spray-can bedliner on a variety of surfaces (sometimes even truck beds!) and it's always held up well. I think it would be a great choice for a low-buck way to add some protection and non-skid to the bed of your X2. Just do the prep work and mask everything off well to be sure no spray gets anywhere it shouldn't.