Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!

Welcome to the forum's. Nice lookin ride. I had an 07 500 in the sage green, great lookin color, then to a Stealth Black 800.This forum's great, cause when I can't ride I come here for my fix until the next ride.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum and... WOW... what a great looking quad. I am SO jealous.

Frank

Old 01-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Trailblazer

ManatArms
Nice looking wheeler. I just bought a 700 Grizz w/eps a few months back and already have my sights on an 850. Where do you ride locally, I also live in Northern Bergen Co and was going to West Milford, but got tired of looking over my shoulder. Now I go to http://www.ridelosttrails.com/ in Pa, it's 1-1/2 hours door to door and $35 a day. Respond back and maybe we could meet at Lost Trails

Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

Dave,

The Outty was a fun quad, but I had lots of little annoying issues with it, such as frequent check engine lights, electrical probs and stalling. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't messed up all the time, just enough of the time that it was annoying. When I bought it, it was the latest and greatest...so I felt it was the best choice at the time in 06. At first glance, the spar frame thing seems cool, but once you dent it or drill holes in it for the plow mounting bracket you realize that it's just a 2x4 of suspiciously thin metal. Everything hooks up to it...I didn't like the idea that you could use the unprotected frame as skid plate.

On the positive side...very fast...as I know the 850 is...almost too fast and definately fast enough to get you into serious trouble if you don't pay attention. Handled great. I still think it's one of the best looking ATVs out there...only trumped by the 850.

-Mark

Old 01-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Trailblazer

Rancher,

Yeah I'm planning on replacing that plow bar. As soon as I can get over to tractor supply and get the chain couplers.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:06 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ManAtArms

Dave,

The Outty was a fun quad, but I had lots of little annoying issues with it, such as frequent check engine lights, electrical probs and stalling. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't messed up all the time, just enough of the time that it was annoying. When I bought it, it was the latest and greatest...so I felt it was the best choice at the time in 06. At first glance, the spar frame thing seems cool, but once you dent it or drill holes in it for the plow mounting bracket you realize that it's just a 2x4 of suspiciously thin metal. Everything hooks up to it...I didn't like the idea that you could use the unprotected frame as skid plate.

On the positive side...very fast...as I know the 850 is...almost too fast and definately fast enough to get you into serious trouble if you don't pay attention. Handled great. I still think it's one of the best looking ATVs out there...only trumped by the 850.

-Mark</end quote></div>

Thanks for the info Mark. There are some guys in another forum don't like to hear that stuff about the Outty... good to get the scoop from someone moving to another ATV.

Anyhow, I hope your XP gives you thousands of miles of trouble free fun.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

sled05,

I looked at the EPS Grizz very seriously and would be ridin one of those if I didn't get the XP. I have never ridden up in West Milford...but I know the feeling your talking about. NJ is a real bummer for riding. I live on 13 acres, with a 1/2 mile driveway...so I can ride around the yard if I get bored.

I heard lost trails is a cool place too. I've never been but would love to go. I rode Tower City last year, which is something like 1000 acres and lots of fun (except for the coal dust)..I'm thinking of going back there soon.

When is you next trip to to lost trails? PM me and let's make a plan.

-Mark

Old 01-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer

Dave,

I'm not saying it's a bad machine, some of my Outty problems may have been the exception, not the rule...I know others love theirs.

Maybe I'll whine 'bout 850 2 years from now too...but I hope not!

-mark

Old 01-01-2009, 12:35 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ManAtArms

Dave,

I'm not saying it's a bad machine, some of my Outty problems may have been the exception, not the rule...I know others love theirs.

Maybe I'll whine 'bout 850 2 years from now too...but I hope not!

-mark</end quote></div>

Mark,

Yep, I understand what you are saying about the Outty. They are a good ATV... like most ATV's... they are not perfect.

Sure hope the XP is closer to what you want.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

I really like my Grizzly, but will always have a soft spot for the Polaris, that is a NICE bike, sure like your lights and well I guess everything else; makes me want to put some more stuff on mine. Welcome to the forum; lots of really good people and information.

06 Rhino
08 Grizzly 700 EPS (Both with lots of stuff, but never enough)

Quick Reply: New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!