Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!

I'm new to the forum as of today, and just picked up my new sage green 850 EPS. I'm hailing from Northern NJ. I've been lurking for a few months and have to say this is one great forum and a wealth of information. As I learn, I hope I can become a valuable contributor to the forum.

I recently sold an 06 Outty 800xt. The XP is my belated x-mas gift to myself. I haven't had much time to ride it yet...maybe only 1 mile...it's 18 degrees out here in northern NJ with a light coating of snow. However my initial assessment is...THIS THING IS GONNA BE FUN...and I'm glad I sold the Outty.

The power steering is sick....lock to lock with ease but it still has enough steering feedback/resistance so it doesn't drive like an old 70s Thunderbird. Overall, it's not as "big" in person as it appears.

I have to give props to my dealer, Rollin Fast Cycles in Lebanon NJ, who stayed open late on New Years Eve to get this thing prepped and delivered to me. If any of you are from NJ, I think you would agree there's not another dealer of any brand around here who would do that. You can barely get others to call you back around here. Period.

They're a new Polaris ATV dealer (only a month or so), but an established Victory and Polaris UTV dealer. They told me they're trying to put themselves on the map as a Polaris ATV dealer and I must say they impressed me with their service and prices. Discounted parts and installation of all my accessories for free. I can't say enough about how pleasant they were to deal with and highly recommend anyone in the area check them out. I think they're also a Moose dealer.

On to the pics:

Name:  Front2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  Side1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  90.0 KB

Name:  Plow1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  93.0 KB

Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM
DCT
Banned

SWEET! Looks like you got her pretty decked out with goodies too! Love those PIAA'a.

Keep us posted on how it performs.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Man you have that sucker looking great,you'll love it. How much did you pay OTD for the machine only if you dont mind me asking? I started to get the piaa lights also but now that I have the HID setup I dont think they will make a differance...

Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 PM
DCT
Banned

Oh yea... one more thing... why are you glad you got rid of your Outty? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

That's the same color HIGHOCTANE's is right?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

That's the same color HIGHOCTANE's is right?</end quote></div>

Yep.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

Very nice machine. I still like the green the best. I'm just waiting for the snow to go so I can get my trailer out from under it all and go riding.
Take good care,
Dave

Old 12-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 600Grizzly

Very nice machine. I still like the green the best. I'm just waiting for the snow to go so I can get my trailer out from under it all and go riding.

Take good care,

Dave</end quote></div>

Yea the green looks pretty good,IMO the camo is more durable for what I do...

Old 12-31-2008, 09:31 PM
DCT
Banned

Haven't seen a XP color that I don't like... including, and especially the camo. They are all sweet. However, to be honest, I'm waiting for a 650/700 XP in Midnight Blue. LOL LOL

I'll probably have to wait for a while. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forum ManAtArms!Good looking XP!
You may as well take that bar that you hook the winch to off of the plow before you lift the plow a little too high and break the hook off of the cable! (also scars up the rollers on the fairlead) Replace it with a quick connect chain coupler.
Enjoy your new ride, and the forum!

rancher

Quick Reply: New to Forum New 850 XP EPS!