Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Off Road Vehicle Registration

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Vehicle Registration

I'm sure laws are diffrent from state to state but where do you guys put you O.R.V. registration stickers if required in your state. In Louisiana your atv must be registered to go on game reserves. I recieved a sticker in the mail which is like a liscense plate and one thats like a liscense tag that is good for 4 years. I was going to put it on the rear like a liscense plate viewable from the rear but with an x2 I don't where to put it. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Range Rover

Read your states regulation book,it'll tell you where to mount it.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

im putting the plate up under neath the dump body, figure they will only tell me to move the bright chartruese plate i have to put on my camo x2. there isnt enough space to put all the plates and stickers anyways that you need in newengland with all the different state stickers.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

There was a nice Mag. article (I will have to look around for it and I will scan it in for any who are interested) that catalogs
all the states in the US on their ATV laws from exhaust noise ratings, to registration req'd, to public roads or private land, laws concerning firearm transport, etc. etc. VERY INFORMATIVE!

Regards,

R'

Old 01-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Here is Arizona they have different laws for different roads which makes it difficult to know what rules apply to what road you are on. The easiest way is to make your vehicle street legal then you can travel any roads whether they be numbered horizontal or vertically. New this year they require an OHV sticker which cost $25 and goes to trail maintance and enforcement. I hope this helps in our state it will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wheels47, love the photo of your ATV hauler! LOL!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

thats a crazy pic wheels,actually its awesome. but i know here in tennessee,cant ride on the roads, but you can run any exhaust you want unless you go to big atv parks. but we have so many mountains you dont have to go to those,im glad to know that some states require registration,thanks....

Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Michigan we just have a little sticker instead of a license plate. It has to be on the back of the vehicle, but as far as I know the law doesn't say it needs to be visible. When I had one on the back and then put a bumper on you could barely see it, but it was still legal. Now I put them on the front of a rear fender where it's easier to see, and my friends just put them any old place. Usually on a fender. If anyone wants to check our stickers we just point and say there it is.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider

Here in Idaho they just changed from just a sticker to a plate with two stickers.
The plate costs $3.00 With a sticker thats good for 5 yrs.
Then you have to buy another sticker for $10.00 for the Idaho Parks and Recreation, that go'es on the plate and it's only good for 1 year. $13.00 total.
I just used zip ties to attatch it to the bar that is below the storage spot in the rear of my XP.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

RtickWad - I would be interested in that article!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

There was a nice Mag. article (I will have to look around for it and I will scan it in for any who are interested) that catalogs

all the states in the US on their ATV laws from exhaust noise ratings, to registration req'd, to public roads or private land, laws concerning firearm transport, etc. etc. VERY INFORMATIVE!

Regards,

R'</end quote></div>

Quick Reply: Off Road Vehicle Registration