Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How do you like your X2

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like your X2

Im in the market for a new atv and I wanted to know how all of you like your X2's. I wont need the bed to carry anything because I have a Rhino for that. What made you get an X2? Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 08:39 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Rode a 550 the other day and WOW! Incredible throttle response, power and light steering. Cannot imagine an 850! The 550 will smoke my 500 like a cheap cigar.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think Popo nailed it with the x2. I have the best of both worlds! I like the little dump body and the 2nd seat.

In fact, with the seat up there is still useful space for small items in the dumper.

The X2 is 10" longer than a regular Sportsman but it doesn't feel it.

I do feel flex in the floorboards riding over uneven terrain but it's not a big deal.

I opted for the 500 because I wanted a balance of power and fuel efficiency....I also like the recoil back-up starter.(only avail on the 500).

Since the price of gas has dropped in half, a 700 or 800 would be on my shopping list as long as the gas tank size is the same as the 500.(I think mine is 6Gal)

The front springs are very squishy and from what I've read in a resent topic the HD Popo springs make all the difference.

I'm happy keeping mine stock.

Go ride a few and decide for yourself. Any good dealer allows test rides!

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

I love my x2. Reasons I went with the X2 over the regular sportsman was I liked the 2 up feature if needed. I hunt, ice fish, and trail ride with mine and it's nice to be able to flip up the seat and have one of my buddies or my wife hop on. I liked not haveing the 2nd seat there if not needed. I figure that the dump box/bed could come in handy and it does when I'm ice fishing. The rear is also rated for something like 400 lbs which was much more weight then the standard sportsman.

If my wife wanted her own ATV, which she doesn't (just likes to ride not drive) I would have most likey gone with the regular sportsman but since at least 50% of the driving I do involves another person, I kinda needed to get a 2-up but didn't want to go with the touring.

I guess it all depends on what you want to use it for.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Before I bought my SP800 (2008), I was really in a bind with the decision on
the Touring or X2. I have NO regrets but if money wasn't an issue I would love
to have the 800 X2 for sure as I like the extra utility it provides!

Is the X2 frame any longer than the regular Sportsmans?

R'

Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

Check this one out:
500 Touring

If this is legitimate then it is an unbelievable deal. It is in New York, same as you jpn. This is a no reserve auction and it ends in 12 hours. So far there are no bids. This is $1000 below the cheapest price I have seen anywhere on a 500 Touring.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Howdy....my 2007 X2 500 is a fantastic machine. I'm 6'6"/235 lbs and no problems with handling or not enough power issues....plenty of power to get you through any situation. I really enjoy the stability of the longer wheelbase and the extra cargo space with the dump bed. Check this out, good X2 write up on this link...........http://forums.atvconnection.co...tid=11&threadid=517264

Old 01-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Ditto what MTPockets said. I use mine 90% for 1 up driving and love the bed in the back. When I need to go 2-up I just flip the seat up and off I go. I don't think there is a quad out there as versatile as the X2. It's a lot more stable going up and down hills too. The extra long wheelbase makes it ride better than the, already comfortable PoPos. I've had my 350 lbs. with a 200 lb. passenger and it does great. The rear springs are heavy duty. I even towed an industrial sized wood chipper up a wet, grassy slope that two 4wd trucks could not get up. It's a great machine.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider

Another Ditto what MTPockets said. I opted for the 500 because I needed 2-up , wanted a balance of power and fuel efficiency....I also like the recoil back-up starter.

I didn't think I would use the utility of the dump box - but bought the x2 over the touring as if offered a little more side protection from a young passenger sliding off then the touring. However, after using it for a while I find my self using the dump box quite a bit.

I sue mine primarily for trail riding, ice fishing, and plowing my driveway.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: miande

Check this one out:

500 Touring

If this is legitimate then it is an unbelievable deal. It is in New York, same as you jpn. This is a no reserve auction and it ends in 12 hours. So far there are no bids. This is $1000 below the cheapest price I have seen anywhere on a 500 Touring.</end quote></div>

Thats why I asked how all of you liked the X2, That dealer is only about 30 min away from me. But isnt that a touring in the pic? Title says X2