Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850 xp belts

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 xp belts

you're right it is in no way funny at all! i have never owned a Polaris ATV and this situation im in now has got me regretting ever owning a polaris... cause i keep telling myself that this never would have happend if i would have bought another brand new HONDA!! Polaris's customer service couldn't say anything to me but "I apologize daniel, i apologize!" apologize for what i should have said... i just want something done about this... i feel i'm in the right here... service manager completely walked away from me during the conversation about the belt and you wanna know why!? b/c he knows im right and that his service dept. should warranty the belt!! whats so hard about that? you already had the clutch/belt drive system completely tore down so that you could show me the broken belt and the string/rope wraped up in the clutch and you put the bike back together BROKEN!!! one simple step of getting a new belt and putting in on and the bike would have been fixed... i spent exactly $11,788.32 on this bike after taxes, warranty, pit pass, wheels and tires! through this same dealership and they wouldnt eat the cost of a belt and labor to make sure that i was completely satisfied! i mean if this would have happened at 100hrs or 150hrs i wouldn't have a problem with it whatsoever.. its a belt, it's eventually going to break i know this.. .but 20 hrs give me a *****ing break!!! this dealership is for sure the worst i've ever seen!!!!

Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

Spread the word around. Find other people to have dealt with that dealership and tell them what happened. Find a local newspaper they advertise in and write a letter to the editor about the terrible service they offer. Make it public and they're a bunch of crooks and asshats and maybe something will come of it.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

I think every state has a Better Business Bureau.

You can file a complaint for just about anything from an automobile to a purchased pet that is now ill.

I would make this your next step imo. Furnish them with all documents including what the dealer gave you in writing and verbal communications.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Like MTpockets said you can contact the BBB,also see what state agency governs the dealership and file a complaint..in most states whatever agency it is will require their "license,certificate" or wahtever to be displayed in plain view for customers to see.. and it usually has contact info on it...
In the mean time call the next closest dealer and explain the situation..I'm sure someone else would love to have you future business..you need to find another dealer anyway in case you have a big ticket item fail...so you won't have to go through this crap again...
Your dealer wouldn't be eating anything as far as I know the dealers get paid for warranty work..maybe not real well..but it doesn't come out of their pocket..

Old 01-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

pics of the carnage.. im trying to find a pic of the Warranty Chart Poster they had in the dealership showing the different thing that are/are not warrantied.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:52 PM
DCT
Banned
Default 850 xp belts

Daniel,

Feel really bad for you man.

HO is right... find yourself another dealer ASAP. Explain to him/her in a calm, professional manner what the other dealer did to you. I would do it in person if I were you... it has more impact and sincerity if you do it in person. However, I doubt the next dealer is going to eat the cost of a new belt and putting in on... but you never know. Whatever the case, get a new belt on there, and tell then to make sure there are no issues with the clutch or clutch housing. Then, ride the bike as you normally would. Unfortunately, I think you are probably going to have another belt issue, as something has to be wrong with the clutch. This time, if you hear/feel anything strange... baby it and get it back to the dealer before it gets shredded... I'm betting they will find the cause. Maybe then you can recoup your losses.

I know it's easy for us to say, as we are not the ones stuck with a $11,000 paper weight, but you really don't have a choice at this point. Just make sure you "document" everything.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Did you say it failed at a higher speed? Without warning? Hmm....you are lucky if so that it didn't lock up the driven clutch and cause a crash...or the drive clutch and damage the engine...or a piece come through the clutch cover..catching my drift? Recall time maybe...call Polaris..get a supervisor of some sort on the phone and tell them you are about to file a complaint with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission..and if it did fail at speed without warning..even if that gets your machine fixed you probably should file a complaint..just in case..

http://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 PM
DCT
Banned
Default 850 xp belts

Wow, I didn't see the pics. That's some serious damage. Looks like something locked up and broke that belt. They are supposed to be TOUGH belts.

HO is right again... starting contacting the right people.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

yea... i was on the phone with anyone and everyone that i could think to call today and have gotten nothing accomplished.. i'll get back on the horn again tomorrow and see what i can come up with

Old 01-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

still nothing

Quick Reply: 850 xp belts