Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

850 xp belts

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tripleR

The belt issue "might" be a problem caused by something fairly minor and easy to remedy or it might be a bad run of belts and it might not be anything. Whatever it is, they should stand behind it. You should not be able to tear a belt up in such a short period of time if you tried.</end quote></div>

Couldn't AGREE more tripleR!

I have posted in the past...that I am in the market for an 850 XP by April '09...so I will be following this thread very closely.

biz

Old 01-13-2009, 08:28 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 850 xp belts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

Couldn't AGREE more tripleR!

I have posted in the past...that I am in the market for an 850 XP by April '09...so I will be following this thread very closely.

biz</end quote></div>

As are a lot of other people. Let's hope that threads like this catch the attention of the right people, as it is apparent that calling Polaris doesn't seem to be worth the time and effort.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

I hadn't read this thread in awhile! Now I'm PIS*** OFF!
I think we as a group should call this so called dealer, write Polaris and anyone else we can think of, post on other sites about this situation and generally raise hell until this is resolved! What a bunch of BS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

thanks guys... im taking time and reading every single thing said by you all... im not very good with words so i'm prob gonna end up quoting alot of you when i call the man i gave my $11,000 check too.

this phone conversation will be the deciding factor on whether or not i'm giving the BBB of Mississippi a call

- Daniel

Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default 850 xp belts

ok guys well i just got off of the phone with the dealer... i asked to speak with the manager, asked me for my name and when i told em the guy on the phone goes "oh..." as in uh o he's callin back! haha thought that was a little funny but anyways, got on the phone with the manager and he was very very polite and was very aware of the situation at hand... i sent the dealership a pretty harsh email stating how upset i was about what was going on with my bike and how i felt the situation should have went down and bla bla bla... he said he had also been on the forums and read the "blogs" that had been posted and all that... he wasn't there saturday when i went to get this done and wishes he was b/c he feels it would have been handled better. their service dept. caught alot of flak last yr warrantying out belts from polaris that now the service mang. is scared to warranty out just any belt... bla bla bla... he said that if he would have been there he would have gotten me to leave it there so they could contact polaris first thing tue. morning with the situation and gotten it taken care of. so he basicly told me that he wants me to bring the bike back, they're going to eat the labor/belt costs to get this taken care of!

was so glad to hear that!! i hope he's not doing this out of sympathy and really understands the principal of the fact that they as the dealership should stand behind a brand new machine and a brand new popo owner! i'm going to give them another shot.. i hope they take the time to check out the clutching system and just dont throw a belt on it and be done with it.. SLOWPROCESS's dad has an ATV shop here local and says that if a belt goes out that early there is most def. a reason for it and alot of times you've got to look real hard to figure out what it is.. something can be off a fraction of a inch or less and be the cause of belt failure.

with all this said i'll let you all know how it goes from here, i've got to take time off of work to get it to jackson during the week now though thats the only bad thing

- Daniel

Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

sombitch_1st,

I am glad to hear that the dealer finally decided to do what should have been done in the first place. While Polaris certainly should have stood behind their machine, even if they didn't, the dealer made enough money off of the sale to pay for the belt out of his pocket and then he should have fought it out with Polaris, you should not have had to go through all of this. There is simply no excuse. I may be skeptical, but I am not convinced things would have been different had he been there, I think he is just looking for cover right now given all of the ruckus this has caused.

The bottom line is that dealers should support their customers even if the company doesn't and it makes no difference if it is Polaris, Honda, Yamaha or whatever. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it is good business.

Hope things go well for you and you get back out on the road soon.

Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Glad your going to get it taken care of sombitch_ls1,you'll be back on the trail before you know it..

Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 PM
DCT
Banned
Default 850 xp belts

Glad to hear you got is straightened out... and I agree, they need to make sure everything is right withe the clutch system, or you'll probably just be back there in another 20 hours... unless it was a bad belt, and I doubt it.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 850 xp belts

Hurry up and get that thing back up there...........we're riding Warfield this weekend and it looks to be great weather for it!!! Looks like if you send enough emails and post up on enough forums, they'll finally help you out to keep you quiet. Ha ha........Either way you'll be back in business!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default 850 xp belts

Glad to hear that you are getting some action!
I just wonder if he hadn't read the BLOGS if things would have stayed the same or not![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Take care and I hope you get it done so you can go on that ride this weekend![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 850 xp belts