Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 850 XP...fun factor and explanation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 850 XP...fun factor and explanation.

I saw that my original post had been removed. i was accused (wrongfully) for either trolling or attempting to start a brawl. Neither is true.

I went to the Polaris dealer yesterday and picked up the free DVD that has "shootouts" with other brands. The 850 XP caught my eye....and was sincerely asking about the "fun factor."

Please....no other arguments or trouble was intended. i simply am interested in this machine.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

If you cant have fun on a 850xp your either dead or need to quit riding,seriously it is the best quad i have owned.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider

I read in ATV MAG that there is more R&D and money spent in that quad than anything ever in the ATV market. It doesn't seem to have first year bugs. Polaris hit a homerun making prolly the best all around quad ever. Even people who don't like Polaris love the xp. You really just have to ride it to believe it, when your on it you can tell your riding the future for sure!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Range Rover

I have always had fun with all my popo's but this bike beats them all. When I had my 05 800 I was on a run with a bunch & one guy(dealer) had a 800 outty it really impressed me the way it worked that day. I tried it in a run off with my bike & lost badly but beat the a-- of it the next day in an atv pull. I did get to try it after the run off & could tell it was a better handling bike than mine & a much lighter feeling to it. Well I have that same feeling with my 850 it handles so well & feels much lighter than it is. I think most people will be suprised by the changes & the huge improvement Polaris has made with this bike. When I tried my bike the first time I was not overly impressed with the power but after a few days of riding it sure woke up what a difference. So if you are going to take one for a test ride try & do it on one that is broken in. A lot of people are brand loyal but I think we would all benefit if we were open minded when given a chance to try other brands, so many put other brands down but have never tried them only base their opnions on what "I hear others say". Sorry for the long rant.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer

I posted on the other post about fun factor and it is still on this BB.

Not trying to start anything but did CanAm not have a "shootout video" when the XT came out. I think the Polaris was missing in that "shootout" Don't let Marketing Hype make a decision for you. Find a XP and try for yourself. You want be disappointed.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Correct me if im wrong but has anyone seen someone not like the xp wants they put a leg over it? It's one of those quads that just fits any rider. I wish there was something to compare to, it's just in a class by itself period!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LE850XP

I posted on the other post about fun factor and it is still on this BB. Not trying to start anything but did CanAm not have a "shootout video" when the XT came out. I think the Polaris was missing in that "shootout" Don't let Marketing Hype make a decision for you. Find a XP and try for yourself. You want be disappointed.</end quote></div>

Yea the videos are staged, everyone including polaris does it. The drag race for the sportsman shootout looked extra staged. I think the xp, bf, and outlander would have poped a small wheelie or at the very least spun out some more. But like I say its all of them not just Polaris, the polaris videos seem to be the most watched however...