Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JCDEYO25

DCT..

That's good to hear....Now when you going to get an XP??????

John</end quote></div>

John,

Well, the more stuff I have to buy for the 500, the longer it will take for me to get the XP. LOL

I'm thinking a year - year and a half or so. Give them time to work out any bugs (like belts, clutches, axles) and to give myself time to put some $$$$ aside. LOL

Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Proper Welding Reinforcement for the Galcier 2 Mounting Plate!

I'm so glad that I could find this thread for everyone. Under user name Tcihla79 click on the pics (4th post) to see what he (and I) did to fix the bending plates.

The RM3 and Gl2 mounting plates look identical so y'all should check yours as well.

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Hope this helps guys.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:58 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mtpockets

The RM3 and Gl2 mounting plates look identical so y'all should check yours as well.

~MT[img][/img]</end quote></div>

Yep, and talking to a couple of guys who bought the Moose system and put it on themselves, they said the boxes the mount came in said "Made in China"... wouldn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Although, I've also been told that some of the Glacier II systems were made in Canada... who know???

Whatever the case... they are borderline at best.

Thanks for posting the pics up again mt.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Range Rover

Dave,I'm glad you finally seen the light!
Of course American Manufacturing makes a mount for the XP,I tested the prototype!
I researched plows before I bought,there were many threads on the mount bending on the Glacier 2.What also swayed my purchase was what friends had told me.
I'm glad to support American Companies and would gladly pay extra for there products.
I'll steer away from Chinese made junk.There taking my job away at work as I speak.Hell if they're going to get my hard earned dollar!
As far as how long it takes to mount or laying on the ground,it doesn't take long and you don't disconnect it every day.
The added plus is that I have a metal skid plate on my XP after I remove the lower mount,with no loss of ground clearance.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Too bad you didn't live closer DCT. I would sell you my eagle plow and mount of my 07 500. I find that a snowblower works the best.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
DCT
Banned

triplggg,

Yep, I didn't do any research on the Glacier II before I bought the quad. BIG mistake! Live and learn... and I'm learning quickly. LOL

The Eagle System sure looks excellent to me. How's it been working out for you triplggg?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

Works great.I've hit the bank with the blade angled hard enough to swing the rear end around many times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nothing broken.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer

It sounds like most people are busting up their XP G2 mounting plates....my G2 mount is still true (thankfully), However....I managed to twist the "push tube" arms slightly to the right....

This picture was taken with the plow in the "center" position.

I wouldn't say I've abused this plow in any way. I've definitely hit small obstacles with it, such as you would normally encounter during any plowing operation. I also plow a 1/2 mile gravel drive with the blade angled to the right.

Maybe I should angle the blade to the left to bend it back! LOL!

It's a shame the plow isn't tougher...cause if it was it would really be the cat's meow. I like the convenience of the G2 for a few reasons:
- the mount is out of the way
- the plow assembly just slides into place.
- the plow detaches in 5 seconds
- the blade lifts really high compared to other sets ups I've had

I'm sure Polaris will say it's operator error...but with so many people bending these things up they're gonna have a problem. We pay good money for this crap steel and should get some restitution! Perhaps Moose needs to think about how to sure this thing up with some cross member supports.

-mark

Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DCT

Yep, and talking to a couple of guys who bought the Moose system and put it on themselves, they said the boxes the mount came in said "Made in China"... wouldn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Although, I've also been told that some of the Glacier II systems were made in Canada... who know???

Whatever the case... they are borderline at best.

Thanks for posting the pics up again mt.</end quote></div>

I wouldn't knock the Moose plows. I have yet to hear anything bad about them, and there two active threads in this forum about busted, bent, twisted, mangled mounts with the Glaciers. I did a nose-dive off of a 3 foot snow bank onto my 50'' Moose (oops, that AWD is a little better than I realized) and it didn't even flinch... nothing bent, nothing broken, nothing loose. I just continued plowing as if it never happened.

Of course, now I've jinxed myself and it will probably fall off tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!