Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
DCT
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!

Well, walking in from the car today, I noticed a big flat washer on the ground. I knew it had to be something from the ATV. Sure enough, I looked under the ATV at the mount and it was bent bad. (Wish I had pics) Don't remember hitting anything when plowing this weekend???

Anyhow, all the bolts are still in the mount, so something else must have broke. It will go back to the dealer sometime this week to fix what is broke, and the dealer can take that piece of crap mount and.... well, you know! LOL

Once I know what's broke, and I am sure it can be fixed properly, I will be ordering a Eagle Plow System (already called Eagle and got a good price for the entire system).

Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

DCT....
I really hope Polaris does something about this ongoing problem....Between the damn G2's and the pos winches, it's starting to make them look bad.....I believe if they would put more time into designing something of higher quality then it makes them look better in the long run because we, ( the consumer) would reccomend the particular product to more people...Don't get me wrong I love my 700 but if I was asked about plows and winches there's 2 that wouldn't be on my list.....Best of luck with the Eagle....Make sure we get an update when you get it........

John

Old 01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
DCT
Banned

Yea John, I was looking forward to stepping up to an XP sometime in the near future. However, If Eagle doesn't make a mount for the XP, I won't be getting one, and I have my doubts that they will with the skid plate that comes on the XP... but who knows? So, this little fiasco with the mount and plow might cost Polaris a couple of new ATV's, as my son also said "NO WAY". LOL

Will see what my dealer has to say, but I doubt there will be anything he can do other than put another POS mount on there... and that's not going to happen. I just want any "other" damage fixed.

Anybody in the market for a slightly used Glacier II Plow? LOL At least that is holding up. LOL

Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

DCT -

This is pretty discouraging to hear. I hadn't even used mine yet, but I have been nipping at the bit, LOL.
Really sorry to hear about your troubles. I remember reading lots and lots of former threads stating how
bullet proof these things were and how many even used them for pushing dirt, sand, gravel etc.

Could it be that maybe the plow blade or something else in your setup in not compatiable? But looking at
your signature block, I too have the 60" plow blade, straight not angled, scooped or V'd for a lack of better
description of those other products, maybe the blade is too heavy. I KNOW its a bear to handle, heavy monster, don't know just a thought! I hope the dealer comes through. Any question is there a warrenty on our products, even though I hadn't used mine, its now over a year old.

Regards buddy!

R'

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
DCT
Banned

Thanks R,

Everything is compatible. It's the straight Glacier II blade that's made for the system. I know some other guys have twisted them up too. Could have been a bad batch of mounts or something, but I'm not taking any chances. The most important thing my ATV needs to do is plow... the play time is secondary. If the mount/plow won't hold up, I need something else.

As for a warranty... Polaris will just say it was driver abuse without even investigating. Again, the only thing that my dealer could do is to offer to put another mount on there. I'm not risking any other damage to the ATV because of a cheap mount.

Strangely enough the guy I talked to at American Manufacturing said they are doing a "bang up" business replacing Glacier II and Moose RM3 Systems... of course, he could just be a BS'er too. However, I'm pretty certain that the Eagle system will hold up a lot better. My son has a similar system, and he beats the tar out of it without a lick of trouble.

Thanks again, and I hope yours holds up OK.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yea people talk highly of the Country plow but I wonder how the SWISHER and WARN plow systems are?

R'

Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
DCT
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RticKwad

Yea people talk highly of the Country plow but I wonder how the SWISHER and WARN plow systems are?

R'</end quote></div>

R',

Got to be better than the Glacier II... LOL

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

discouraging words indeed...

I have a warn plow system (yes not a polaris- but you guys post the most so I tend to read the polaris section the most..lol )
I have no complaints on how it works.. I just hate having to lay on the ground to put the 2 pins in- I'm constantly taking the plow off to go riding- I believe the eagle plows or any plow for that matter with push tubes mounts this way as well.

I was going to sell my warn this spring and find a rapid mount plow..now I'm starting to think laying in the snow isn't too bad...

Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well knock on wood - but I think I've been pretty hard on my Moose RM3 and have not had any issues. Reading these posts and the similiarity to the Glacier II I do keep an eye out for bending in the mounting plate.

Hopefully, I didn't just jinx myself. lol

At the end of the season I'll post pics of the RM3 so all can see how well or not it's holding up.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

Dave - got thinking about this. Isn't most of the stress the mount would see directly related to how tight you have the spring on the plow? I know if I drop down to much and catch something the plow will fold over. Kinda
annoying at times but it keeps me from stressing the mount too much.

What do you think caused the stress that bent your mount?

Quick Reply: Glacier II mount bent like a pretzel!