Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STICK STOPPERS +SNOW -ICE = TORN BOOTS AND STRIPPED AXLE....

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STICK STOPPERS +SNOW -ICE = TORN BOOTS AND STRIPPED AXLE....

My a arm guards pack up w/ snow/ice as well. I try to clean them out when I stop.

After my quad is loaded up and if there is still snow or ice packed into the A arms/boots I use warm water to melt it away. 1-2 gallons each tire usually does the trick.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Good reminder..the key is cleaning them out regularly....they protect the boots on the on the trail..but like anything else they are not an excuse to disregard maintenance...

Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

i had them on my 00' 335. only becuse the first 5yrs i never had a problem with my cv boots. put on about 5k or so more miles. but then late in summer 05'. but there was grease all over my rear a-arm. and after looking. found out a cv boot tore. i had that side fixed. both boots. costed $200 and some to fix. then the next yr in 06. i had another boot tear. i learned to fix them then. i was thinking it was sticks and weeds. so i got the cv guards for the rear. then 2 weeks later i got them for the front. then after that iv had to replace one or 2 boots every yr tell this yr when i sold it. i had gotten cv guards for it. since they were on sale. thinking that was the problem. but then after it was sitting in a shop for 2 yrs and them tearing there. for no reason. i then figured out this was occuring after i stoped putting on 1500miles a yr, and driving it everyday. im also not to fond of there sharp cv angle desine. but i did notice the cv boots have changed. they have more. how would you say joints. so maybe these will be better. but after i had the cv guards on my last one. i dont like them. seems they hold ice, dirt, snow and sticks. not a good thing. ill never get then again. but least now i know how to fix them.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Trailblazer

A woman ran over a mattress and decided to keep going. The ensuing jumble finally whipped around enough to tear the gas tank, the subsequent lack of fuel is what finally brought this vehicle to its knees. She still managed to drive 30 more miles decently with a 60lb tangle wrapped around the driveshaft. She complained that the vehicle had a "shimmy" when driving at high speeds.

This is what the dealership found.............

Name:  4bd32eaa.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  04aef3ad.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  33d940f9.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  56.7 KB

Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 AM
Pro Rider

im asuming thats a car!!! and WOW!! deaf and dumb?!?!?!?! you thing the loud noise would have said something!!! did i say wow????
edit:
i would also like to add. did she think there was an issue when she whent from 35mpg to 5mpg? or the line of fuel, or puddle fuel when parked or when filling the tank......

"hey jane" the owner of the car asked her friend.
'my cars acting funny. it has this loud noise. and it use to cost $40 to fill my tank. now it costs $80 and it only lasts one night. theres also a strange smell. i just dont know what it is"