Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

mudbug

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mudbug

Okay this is good stuff, hey Roofer why BGH is first over BGH2.0? I thought recent threads stated the opposite? Okay, obviously Zilla's and Outlaws are the supreme Mud Tires, way overkill for my applications.

Where I am at a loss is between the better trail/mud tire. I rarely often get snow in this Mid-Atlantic area, mostly ride wood trail and hard pack, but that said, look for every opportunity to seek out MudHoles, and I do have to challenge them on our Eastern Shore, which is more Marshy. So I do realize any of the above will do ME better in all conditions, right? But I am NOW hearing lots of negativity about Mudlites and Swamplites, whereas 1 to 2yrs ago they were considered the BOMB! Is that b/c the other tires were new to the SCENE too and have now proved themselves?

Or do now owners of the Muds/Swamps experienced faster wear and less puncture resistant as originally thought, thus maybe those tires were abit tad OVERSOLD? I don't know, just asking!

Yours humbley,

R'

Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
ng
Trailblazer
Default mudbug

I've had the mudlights,the mudlight xtr,s(radial) and the mud bugs,In my opinion the Ml xtr's perform better than the other two,they ride better and grip better on hard pack but they will wear if ridden on pavement,I think their more puncture resistant then regular mudlights, the bugs are certainly the tougher of the three but will getcha in trouble on a slick clay hill. Good luck with your choice

Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Default mudbug

R', All I can say is that you and I ride the same area, MD and WV and have been Hatfield's twice now. The Mudlite's (standard mudlite) is an ok tire for the price. I don't seek out the big mud hole's, but have been in a few and have never had to use my winch.

The radial's ride better on trail's, bigger footprint, and seem to hook-up better so far. I bought a set of mudbug radial's from Motosport.com for 270.00 shipped to my house, I am using the stock aluminum wheel's. 26x9x12 and 26x11x12, also I did have to buy a set of 1" spacer's for the front, I knew this going in though.

Good Luck

Old 01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Default mudbug

Bighorns over 2.0's mainly because they have proven themselves over and over again. The 2.0 is just too new to speculate. I have heard of one report of a puncture in a 2.0, but that's it. I have seen pics of them side by side, and the regular bighorn is a tad taller. Not that the 2.0 is worse or better, but just not proven yet.

I agree the XTR rides better than bugs, but that is comparing a radial. The other great thing about the mudbug is that it is lightweight. Great in the snow, mud, water, good on trails.

The mudlites are a good all around tire that doesn't do anything real great. Others that I listed do great in their aspect. It really comes down to personal choice.

I wish there were more reviews and pics of the Mudbug Radial.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default mudbug

Outback31, your right we do ride most of the same areas. Also for the 26" Mudbogs, how did you get them mounted on your stock rims, do it yourself? I would like to check out the Mudbogs.

I am curious Roofer, why you say to stay away from the 27"?

Regards,

R'

Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default mudbug

appreciate all your input,any one have dunlop 869's they look like they would be smooth on hardpac but i also like to play in the snow alot,a cool salesman at trax motorsports thinks they are a wimpy tread..dont look to be too deep.....thanx

Old 01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!
Default mudbug

There are quite a few posts about the 27" Mudbug not being as good as the 26 or 28. That is all I based that on. I rode with a guy last winter quite often who had 27's and they were not that great and measured rather small.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default mudbug

man i got the mudmachine bi/tri claws and they are some bad *** tires havent been stuck YET!!!!!check out my pics

Old 01-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.
Default mudbug

R, I fortunately have a riding buddy that has a tire machine in his garage.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default mudbug

Gauged,

How are they on hardpack and wooded trail?

R'

Quick Reply: mudbug