Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I GURU.... DO YOU?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GURU.... DO YOU?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: IronBear

How heavy are these brushguards compared to the Polaris brushguards? Not that it matters much, but was just wondering.

Thanks.</end quote></div>

I didn't weigh them but the front is quite a bit heavier than the Polaris Deluxe front obviously due the the extra metal that covers the fangs,the rear is not much heavier than the Polaris piece and is actually lighter than it looks. I see the heavier front as a good thing.....the XP is nose light,the brush guard and winch actually help the weight distribution IMO...
Someone did weigh the GURUs but i don't remember who it was.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ordered a front and rear set for my X2. I think it has been mentioned before on this forum that his packaging is "thorough". It took a while to get everything out of the wrap. The bumpers look good and installed easily.

High marks!!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HIGHOCTANE

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: IronBear

How heavy are these brushguards compared to the Polaris brushguards? Not that it matters much, but was just wondering.

Thanks.</end quote></div>

I didn't weigh them but the front is quite a bit heavier than the Polaris Deluxe front obviously due the the extra metal that covers the fangs,the rear is not much heavier than the Polaris piece and is actually lighter than it looks. I see the heavier front as a good thing.....the XP is nose light,the brush guard and winch actually help the weight distribution IMO...

Someone did weigh the GURUs but i don't remember who it was.</end quote></div>

Thanks Rod! I do like the look of the ATV Guru's brushguards, and I'm sure it will would do a better job protecting the machine, then the Polaris brushguards. I just wish I knew about them sooner.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

I also bought the front and back full mesh brush guards for my xp, i just havent recieved then yet.
He told me that im getting the first set sent to Canada

Old 02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Ironbear-The Deluxes are good enough anyway...afterall they are both BRUSH guards IMO and not bumpers. With either one if you hit something with alot of force you are likely to damage something. The thing I like most about the GURUs is the thicker metal over 'fangs" and that they don't flex if I push on a hoop moving the machine around the shop by hand. Granted in a perfect world you should push from the center anyway..same would apply say when someone was trying help push you out of a stuck situation..with the deluxes you don't want to be pushing from the hoops IMO. Also because the rear deluxe only has two mounts points,which are off center(the Guru has 2 more at the top that bolt up with the rear rack bolts) it will flex when pushing on the top center bar as well..

Old 02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

Here are the shipping weights;

Front Bumper -- Based on 28 pounds total packaged weight
Rear Bumper -- Based on 19 pounds total packaged weight