Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which trailer to buy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

HEMI --

I know we have discussed these trailers in the past, but I do have a couple of quick questions...if you do not mind.

1. Does the Silver Fox T-shaped trailer (like you purchased) have electric brakes?

2. Did you pay the $1843.00 price tag? (I zoomed in on the tag) Or are they willing to negotiate?

As I mentioned before...I like the T-shape design...and do not mind driving to CO to pick it up. Gives me a chance to visit family and such.

Thanks,

biz</end quote></div>
I payed about the same mabey a little less for mine.

By federl law any trailer uder 14 is not required to have brakes and so unfortunatly this one does not nither thoe you can add brakes to any trailer! As I told you before let them know I sent you and they will help you out with the price!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Budman650

I have a Triton 4 place snowmobile trailer. It fits 4 quads perfect and I put a truck box on the "V" in front.

All the guys thought I was nuts buying one in AZ but now they're doing the same thing. ZERO maintenance and lightweight.

Paid $1200.</end quote></div>

Budman .... what model snowmobile trailer did you go with? Do you side load or tailgate load? If side load did they set you up with the ramps or did you buy aftermarket? Sounds like a good idea and the price was right. The four quads are they large full size utils?

thanks

- brian

Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ruggo
I am also in need of a trailer.... leaning towards a Triton 3 spot side load. Looks like a nice piece and they are available in Mass. I am still looking though.</end quote></div>

I bought this trailer used with a alumium front box for around $1100.I'm happy with it.You can also load a SxS from the rear on to it.Another plus is that it's made locally!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

I am also in need of a trailer.... leaning towards a Triton 3 spot side load. Looks like a nice piece and they are available in Mass. I am still looking though.</end quote></div>

I bought this trailer used with a alumium front box for around $1100.I'm happy with it.You can also load a SxS from the rear on to it.Another plus is that it's made locally!</end quote></div>

Triplggg do you think it can safely hold 2 XPs and 1 sport all mounted sideways? Is yours the single or dual axle? Do you know what the weight rating on the ramp is?

thanks in advance

- brian

Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Range Rover

Triplggg do you think it can safely hold 2 XPs and 1 sport all mounted sideways? Is yours the single or dual axle? Do you know what the weight rating on the ramp is?
thanks in advance
- brian</end quote></div>

Brian,I've only trailered two full sized Polaris's.I have the ATV128 single which has a higher carrying capacity than the ATV128-2.The GVWR is 2995 and the carrying capicity is 2475lbs. on the single axle.I guess it depends on the wieght of your sport.The ramp is pretty stout.You shouldn't have any problems with it.The guy I bought mine from had Polaris ATV's and he had the trailers bed setup with three Fulton lock systems,so I think he hauled three quads.What ones I don't know.I hope this helps.

Glenn

Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer

Thought I would add my two cents for what it is worth. I fell into a great deal on a 4 place Triton snowmobile trailer. The guy was gettng divorced and wanted to get rid of the trailer. It will handle four large Polaris's. Pushes the weight limit a little bit but has done fine. Towed it to Utah and back with three Polaris 700's on it. It is dual axle with brakes on front axle. We load from the back with the ramp that came with it. The ramp slids underneath the trailer in its own pocket. I also put a plastic cargo box on the front for straps and other equipment. Has worked great. Empty weight is like 950lbs or so. Any other nquestions let me know.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

Brian,I've only trailered two full sized Polaris's.I have the ATV128 single which has a higher carrying capacity than the ATV128-2.The GVWR is 2995 and the carrying capicity is 2475lbs. on the single axle.I guess it depends on the wieght of your sport.The ramp is pretty stout.You shouldn't have any problems with it.The guy I bought mine from had Polaris ATV's and he had the trailers bed setup with three Fulton lock systems,so I think he hauled three quads.What ones I don't know.I hope this helps.

Glenn</end quote></div>

Thanks Glenn the info is helpful .... not sure on the lead time so I need to decide and get an order in pretty soon. I am surprised that the single axle has a higher carry capacity than a dual, I'll need to look at that.

btw your quad looks great!

- brian

Old 02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Brian!

You might want to check on Craigslist and save some bucks.......

Old 02-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Loaderboy, be careful of the quad trailers that have the sides that fold down and become the ramps for loading and unloading. They are often 77" wide and that can be too narrow to load an X2 or other 2 seat quad. It would be fine for a regular length like the XP. I had a Thule CargoPro and it rubbed the plastic on the front and rear of the X2 and ATP because they are long wheelbase quads. I ended up with a 12'x101" snowmobile trailer. It holds 3 fullsize quads with no problem. 2 lengthwise and 1 across.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Trailblazer

thanks guys for the info, i contacted trac pac today and ordered a new 3500 axle and leaf spring. 300.00 for everything, thats alot cheaper than another trailer. maybe someday when i have more security in my employment i will buy somehting else. thanks again!!

Quick Reply: which trailer to buy