which trailer to buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which trailer to buy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Ruggo

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Budman650

I have a Triton 4 place snowmobile trailer. It fits 4 quads perfect and I put a truck box on the "V" in front.

All the guys thought I was nuts buying one in AZ but now they're doing the same thing. ZERO maintenance and lightweight.

Paid $1200.</end quote></div>

Budman .... what model snowmobile trailer did you go with? Do you side load or tailgate load? If side load did they set you up with the ramps or did you buy aftermarket? Sounds like a good idea and the price was right. The four quads are they large full size utils?

thanks

- brian</end quote></div>
It's a Triton Elite tandem axle, no brakes. 14'X8' bed. 18' overall. It loads from the rear and had the drive off by the front but the truck box is there now.
I did buy it used 8 years ago and replaced the tires once.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: biz4two

HEMI --

I know we have discussed these trailers in the past, but I do have a couple of quick questions...if you do not mind.

1. Does the Silver Fox T-shaped trailer (like you purchased) have electric brakes?

2. Did you pay the $1843.00 price tag? (I zoomed in on the tag) Or are they willing to negotiate?

As I mentioned before...I like the T-shape design...and do not mind driving to CO to pick it up. Gives me a chance to visit family and such.

Thanks,
biz</end quote></div>

I payed about the same mabey a little less for mine.

By federl law any trailer uder 14 is not required to have brakes and so unfortunatly this one does not nither thoe you can add brakes to any trailer! As I told you before let them know I sent you and they will help you out with the price!</end quote></div>

Absolutely will mention that we talked. Thanks again...

biz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: triplggg

Triplggg do you think it can safely hold 2 XPs and 1 sport all mounted sideways? Is yours the single or dual axle? Do you know what the weight rating on the ramp is?

thanks in advance

Brian,I've only trailered two full sized Polaris's.I have the ATV128 single which has a higher carrying capacity than the ATV128-2.The GVWR is 2995 and the carrying capicity is 2475lbs. on the single axle.I guess it depends on the wieght of your sport.The ramp is pretty stout.You shouldn't have any problems with it.The guy I bought mine from had Polaris ATV's and he had the trailers bed setup with three Fulton lock systems,so I think he hauled three quads.What ones I don't know.I hope this helps.

Glenn</end quote></div>

Hi Glen,

Question on your trailer.... I hate being a pain but without being able to see these trailers I am trying to think through any possible issues.

It appears the width of the ATV128 is 79inches which is 6.5 feet..... the XP is list at 84inches plus with brush guards probably ends up 88inches or 7.3 feet. So based on that a side loaded XP will hang over the edge approx 4 inches per side. Can you confirm if that is the case and if it is does that bother or concern you at all?

btw I took a look at the capacity limits to understand why a dual axle would have less. That is only the case without brakes, the dual is heavy so lower cap. I think I want brakes in which case the dual has plenty of capacity.

Looks like my other option is to go with one of the snowmobile trailers Like MooseHenden has that is 101 inches wide or 8.4 feet. So the quad will fit better but I wonder how awkward a very wide 101 inch trailer be? Perhaps Moose can let me know if the 101'' is excessive and a little wide when towing. I am leaning towards a 14x101.

Thanks

- brian

Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Hi Glen,
Question on your trailer.... I hate being a pain but without being able to see these trailers I am trying to think through any possible issues.
It appears the width of the ATV128 is 79inches which is 6.5 feet..... the XP is list at 84inches plus with brush guards probably ends up 88inches or 7.3 feet. So based on that a side loaded XP will hang over the edge approx 4 inches per side. Can you confirm if that is the case and if it is does that bother or concern you at all?
btw I took a look at the capacity limits to understand why a dual axle would have less. That is only the case without brakes, the dual is heavy so lower cap. I think I want brakes in which case the dual has plenty of capacity.
Thanks

Brian,Yes the quads will hang over! I wouldn't worry about the XP,although I have only rear loaded the XP so far.I did have my 500 HO and my friends 800 X2 side loaded last year.The X2 is @ nine inches longer.I originaly was looking for a two place Triton.The ones I found for sale where all side loads with the tilt up ramps,I didn't want one due to space limitations in my garage plus the rattling of the ramps.Mine is easy to jocky around and because of the drives layout I have to disconnect and manually move it into place with the quad on it.No Problems....

Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

http://lonewolftrailerco.com/

they also make a trailor that has a piviting front that drops onto a tail gate so you can load up one in the truck bed with trailor hocked up