Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

rotopax or Kolpin gas can

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotopax or Kolpin gas can

Thanks, & Yes I have them, just havent gotten around to mounting them yet. Can't decide on mounting the 4 gal on back or the 2 - 2 gals on the side of the box.

Kenny

Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kansasds650

Thanks, & Yes I have them, just havent gotten around to mounting them yet. Can't decide on mounting the 4 gal on back or the 2 - 2 gals on the side of the box.

Kenny</end quote></div>

I really like the versatility the rotopax offer! Along with the smaller 2 gal. size gas cans, they offer the added storage container, first aid kits, water cans and various other cans, all color coded so there is no doubt what is in the can you're grabbing!
And you can also mount them in numerous places on the quad and have easy access to them at any time!
Check out their site at http://www.rotopax.com
That's the fuel cans I'll be getting for my quad!

kansasds650, you could go both ways if you wanted! But on the back is maybe the safer way for the fuel and put water or more storage on the sides of your rear box. JMO.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi, As the President of GREAT Outdoor Products and the Manufacturer of the RotopaX Fuel Packs I just wanted to stop in and say THANKS for all the positive remarks being left about our new Fuel Packs.

For those who don't know our history, we are the long standing original Manufacturer of the 2" thick 3.2 Gallon Fuel Pack that originated about 13 years ago. The idea was the brain child of an avid ATV rider here in Utah that asked us to Manufacture the first Fuel Pack.

After a number of years of growing the product he was contacted by Kolpin Power Sports and sold the Fuel Pack idea to Kolpin.

We continued to Manufacture the Fuel Pack until Kolpin decided to change to a new design based on one we had provided and at the same time decided to change to a Blow Molded product (Regular Gas Can) to save a few dollars.

After all the complaints we were reading on the forums and customer reviews on Cabelas, Gander, Bass, etc. about the poor quality of product we decided to go back into production of the only Roto Molded Fuel Pack available.

Roto Molding is a much slower process that produces far superior products to blow molded or injection molded products. They are more durable, color fast, leak proof, and they way they are manufactured allows for the threads to be continuous around the neck for the spout unlike blow molded products that are only on each side with a void where the mold has to open to remove the part.

We have a Lifetime Guarantee against any of our fuel packs leaking and are trying to build a customer service business around GREAT products that are MADE IN USA. If for any reason anyone is ever Un-Happy with one of our products I want to hear about it.

Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions and once again I thank you for your support!

P.S. You can use the coupon ( ATVCONNECTION ) when checking out thru our website to save 20% on your orders for the near future until our dealer network comes online.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT ROTOPAX.COM TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES...

Jason Wallin / GREAT Outdoor Products - AKA RotopaX 801-299-1885

Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider

Excellent Rotopax!
I hope to be ordering a few things from your co. soon!
There are alot of guy's using this forum that want the BEST products for their ATV's and I think your product is one of those!
Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Banned

Not to change the subject, but I wish that the aftermarket comes out with a replacement tank for the XP. I'd much rather go that route, rather than mounting an auxiliary tank to my ATV.

However, I heard great things about the RotoPax tanks, and I may get one for myself. Thank you for the coupon code Jason.

Pete

Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yes, here here thanks Jason for the coupon and contribution. I will
spread the word on your products and am very interested in
purchasing your products. I will be in touch soon!

Regards,

R'

Old 03-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

its nice to see someone of a well estabished company come on and give that kind of comments on this product. well done for sure and thank you for reconizing this atv forum.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been dealing with Jason for over a year now. He has great products and a great price. He has been kind enough to give our club RinconRiders.com several tanks to give away during our yearly meet. Thanks Jason for answering my email and joining this fourm & giving this goup a 20 % discount.

Thor

Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Wheeew heeew 20%, now that is what I am talking about and even cheaper than Kolpin now with that discount and much better quality product to boot!

Hey kansasds650, it just don on me that your tanks on the front storage box are secured. How did you mount the front for the tanks? Did you have to drill holes thru the cargo lid? Or were there mounts suitable to Polaris Sportsman front cargo box design?

Thanks for the info.

R'

Old 03-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Range Rover

My 4 gal. can should be here at the end of the week!

Quick Reply: rotopax or Kolpin gas can