Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Has any one with an XP bent their G2's or RM3 Mounting Plates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one with an XP bent their G2's or RM3 Mounting Plates?

Does anyone have pictures of the Glacier 2 mount for the xp. The pictures can be of the xp plate unattached or attached so I can see where/how it attaches. I have the moose old style pushtubes and was going to fab them to mate to the Glacier 2 mount plate. The mount plate is like $85 it may be worth it to just buy it. I am definitely going to fab the way the push tube fastens to the mount plate but am unable to find any pictures of the pushtube unattached from the mount plate. I need to see the pushtube unattached from the backside (quad side) to see how it attaches/fastens to the mount plate. Local dealer does not have any in stock. Does Polaris have installation manuals online anywhere? I could use those but I am not finding any. Thanks all.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

noooooo, I'll see if i can get some pics and post them back in my photos.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

Thank You Very Much

Old 04-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

I bought the g2 mount plate for the xp and the dealer told me the pushtubes are different for the xp g2. I ***ume the only difference is the bar on the mount plate the pushtubes mount to is larger diameter. There is not enough difference in ground clearance to make the push tubes longer/taller is there? I know this has nothing to do with the bent mounting plate but it appears they are making changes to the system.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey noooooo, The bar is larger and the tubes that go between the mount and the plow may be longer. I'll go measure my neighbors non-XP and see. I'll post back.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MEGA XP
Seems like all of us with XP's have more probs with the winch cable than the plows/ mounts.
I broke the synthetic rope on a 3500lb Polaris winch a couple times on my XP. I honestly tried to go easy on it. The Moose plow has an extended push tube to account for the front tracks, so the angle is severe. Not a good setup...gotta find another way.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
I broke the synthetic rope on a 3500lb Polaris winch a couple times on my XP. I honestly tried to go easy on it. The Moose plow has an extended push tube to account for the front tracks, so the angle is severe. Not a good setup...gotta find another way.
Were the extended push tube factory or your own mods? Seems like you would want to have the tubes as level to the ground as you could, so that you would be squaring the force to the mount. The angle probably helps down force though.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MEGA XP
Were the extended push tube factory or your own mods? Seems like you would want to have the tubes as level to the ground as you could, so that you would be squaring the force to the mount. The angle probably helps down force though.
MEG: Yes, the factory tubes were designed for tracks from Moose Inc. Tubes are very level, but so is the lowered winch mount on the XP.....so the angle is very shallow and it's basically pulling straight back, as opposed to a steeper angle, where you'd have some good lift. When you pull the winch in, you're pulling back instead of lifting. Make sense? Gotta come up with a better way to route the cable I guess.

Don't want to change the subject of this post, but just wanted to add that.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
MEG: Yes, the factory tubes were designed for tracks from Moose Inc. Tubes are very level, but so is the lowered winch mount on the XP.....so the angle is very shallow and it's basically pulling straight back, as opposed to a steeper angle, where you'd have some good lift. When you pull the winch in, you're pulling back instead of lifting. Make sense? Gotta come up with a better way to route the cable I guess.

Don't want to change the subject of this post, but just wanted to add that.
I know what you mean. The glacier 2 plows hook point for the winch was way too high I had to modify it by taking the hook point from 12" down to 2". Otherwise it was too fast, only took 3" of cable movement to lift the plow to the fender. The way I have it now it takes about a foot. This doesn't stress the cable as much, I was breaking the cable 6 times per storm. Been 4 storms since I broke the cable now, so my mod was a success.

Last edited by MEGA XP; 04-05-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Pro Rider

Good deal. I'll take a look at it and see what I can fab up. Shouldn't be too complicated.

Wow, 4 time per storm. I bet a few expletives were released from your mouth. Sounds like a nightmare.