Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
If you have bent your crappy plow frame, don't expect Polaris to step up, they'll just blame you. Oh and if your cheap bolts fall out and you bend that whimpy frame, odds are you will end up with a trashed brushguard, which is more pricey than the whimpy frame plate. I was charged $84.99 for the frame plate and $137.98 for the Weld-brushguard. Don't know the cost of the other set ups, but I think it would be something to look into before waste your cash on a GlacierII and its whimpy frame plate.
They've revised their installation instruction three times now to cover their own ***, duh. So they can lay the blame on their customers for their crappy weak whimpy plow frame plate. So if you dicide to purchase a GlacierII plow, you'll be stuck with this crappy whimpy frame plate. I can only pass on this bit of info for your own judgement. Request that your dealer have their tec replace the 2 self tapping bolts with nuts and lock washers, bolts with a bit of Loc-Tite. Cause once those cheap self tapping bolts fall out, without your knowing till it's to late, it will cause a domino effect to the rest of the bolts to loosen. Reinforcing the frame plate seems to be the way alot of people are going. But I believe if you don't replace those cheap self tapping bolts, you'll end up with the same problem of the cheap frame plate to want to bend. The idea of replacing the cheap self tapping bolts was put to Polaris and they agreed it would be a good idea. But now that I have my new frame on with the bolts replaced, I have know way of telling how good the idea is, cause winter plowing is over and I will have to wait till next winter to know for sure. And by that time the warranty on the plow will have run out, and I'll be screwed over by Polaris again, which I won't waste my time dealing with. Also their new recommendation is to not exceed 5mph plowing. So my opinion of the GlacierII plows wimpy frame is a powder puff set up. And it seems that Polaris has no intention of beefing up the frame plate. And will continue to blame the customers for the failure of their whimpy frame plate. I'm stuck with this piece of crap frame, so if you are thinking of putting a plow frame on your quad. You might want to go with the other frames availible. And the real kicker of all this is that Polaris basicly says that the info and comments posted on ATV Connection are bullshit, fabrications, and lies. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my Sportsman 500EFI, But....

Old 03-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm gonna paint mine pink.....it is a good representation of it's strength!

Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Right on Firehog, don't forget to name it Nancy.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Glacier 2 is good on the XP. The mount is heavier and mounts differently. I think POPO should step up and offer a revised replacement mount for everyone with probs. It would be cheaper in the long run, than having a tarnished reputation. Moose builds the plows/ mounts for polaris so their rep is on the line as well. The 5mph limit is horsecrap, nobody goes that slow. Yeah it's safer, but you don't get anything done. It's also the way to get around any type of warranty by claiming misuse by the customer. <span class="FTHighlightFont"></span ft>

Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer

Worried
Hope my Sportman holds up better than Polaris piece of crap plow frame. The Glacier II plow seems to of held up very well, to bad they can't come up with a frame that is as well built. They could start by hiring an engineer with a bit of common sence. That will build a better frame that won't take out a $137.98 Weld-Brushguard.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thank for the advice Mega XP. Should've found this site before I bought that Plow.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I bought the Sportman EFI Automatic cause I'm a 56yo disable Vietnam Vet with a disable wife, for the comfort ride, and not have to shovel a drive way the size of mine. Too old and wore out to ride something that's going to beat the **** out of me trail riding or plowing.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Hey guys don't waste your time writing a complaint to Moose about their JUNK frame they supply to Polaris that fits my Sportsman II 500ho EFI and others it fits. They suggest you contact one of their dealers. I don't think I'll waste my time driving 50 miles to talk to to some jerk off that will just blow smoke up my ***. We're all just stuck with this piece of Junk. I hope my suggestion and reinforcements will solve this problem for us all that are unfortunately stuck with this piece of JUNK. Myself I'm taking my frame off and thicking that flimsy plate. That way I'll loose less ground clearance, and hopefully take the stress off the Weld-Brushguard. Cause those bolts are for blade hieght adjustment. Moose's installation instruction are is crappy as their Junk frame. If you can afford it Junk it!
This thread info about Moose is wrong, Moose doesn't make this Junk frame for Polaris.
Update: This Junk frame is going back to the dealership along with the quad. ***** Polaris Corp. and this rude, conniving dealership owner!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

(FYI) Will I've got less than the 1/2hr. of use on my new JUNK Glacier II plow frame from just plowing the last of the last snow that was just wet and heavy. So I didn't drop my plow down completely so it wouldn't dig into the mud, basicly just skimmed it before it froze again that night. So I went through and checked all the bolts as suggested by the instructions I got from the dealer after getting my seconded frame. Which I should of got with the first frame that was install when I bought my 07 Sportsman 500 EFI. Anyway the nuts and bolts that replaced the crap self taping bolts are still tight and holding. But the bolts that are in the Weld-Brushguard were loose.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Not sure but I think if Polaris expects that those bolts should be expected to help suppurt the load of the frame is pretty F-ing stupid. I believe they are just for height adjustment, other why would the holes be lenght slots.
(Another FYI) Making a PVC pipe blade cover for next winter to do anymore plowing before the ground is frozen. Saves beating the crap out of the plow by digging into unfrozen ground.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MEGA XP

Glacier 2 is good on the XP. The mount is heavier and mounts differently. I think POPO should step up and offer a revised replacement mount for everyone with probs. It would be cheaper in the long run, than having a tarnished reputation. Moose builds the plows/ mounts for polaris so their rep is on the line as well. The 5mph limit is horsecrap, nobody goes that slow. Yeah it's safer, but you don't get anything done. It's also the way to get around any type of warranty by claiming misuse by the customer. <span class="FTHighlightFont"></span ft></end quote></div>

Yea the XP G-2 mounts are working fine!

Quick Reply: Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate