Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate

Mega XP its a Moose yes. Just got a mounting plate last week from Moose for my 08 popo. Here are some better pics taken from my camera & not my Blackberry.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate

Hey Doug, wonder if you could get a pic of your glacier 2 mount from the same angle so we all could compare the moose to the G2? They sure look and function the pretty darn close to each other from what I can see. If anyone has the moose rm3 on their 500's it would be nice to know how they are holding up. It may be a simple fix if all you had to do was get the RM3 mount from moose.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default Photos

Mega
Can't get any photos yet cause my quads still sitting in that damn dealership shop. And was informed yesterday they won't get to it till tomarrow, Suprize Surprize. That mount from that angle looks actually like the one on my 07 500. Wish I could see underneath to see how it's mounted. I like that winch hook bumper. Does it have self tapping bolts in it?

Last edited by Douginmichigan; 03-31-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: type O
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Brush guard bolts

Mega
Did they strenghten that brush guard holes for that mount plate. Those 2 bolts came loose on mine, after they replaced those Junk self tapper bolts. That's why it's back in the shop. Curious to see a copy of your installation instruction. I never got any instructions with the first plow. In my instruction I got with my second mount plate they have in bold type re-torque bolts after 1/2 hour of plowing. Sure would of been nice to have known that in the first place. But if I re-torqued them myself I'd void my warranty. I don't have a truck or trailer, and the dealership charges $50.00 to come haul it in. And they also have a bunch of other don't's in their instuctions, like the lame 5mph max plow speed. The last one is a real joke too "plow mounting reduces ATV ground clearance. Remove the plow mount before trail riding"
You touch that Junk mount while under warranty, you void your warranty.
Heres the real kicker is at the bottom of the front page of the instuction it reads "CUSTOMER MUST RECIEVECOPY OF THISOWNERS MANUAL / INSTUCTION SHEET AT TIME OS SALE"
Looking forward to seeing this dealership owner squirm his way out of this one. LMAO

Old 03-31-2009, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

I have some pics of the RM3 posted at http://forums.atvconnection.com/show...t=Moose&page=3.
I will post more pics of the RM3 after a season of plowing as soon as the snow is gone.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 AM
Trailblazer
Default J 5's Photos

J 5's:
I check out your photos. What year & model quad is that mount on? By the looks of your mount you don't remove it when trail riding. Does your mount still have those junk self tappers in it? I can't post the installation instuction manual, I tried.
Anyone interested in seeing this manual for the plow & frame and the other for the mount can e-mail me at mini14@centurytel.net

Old 03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

I bought and installed a G II on my 500 HO back in December - The instructions with the mount indicated that it could be installed on the 500's and the twins. I don't think there are two different mounts - One for the 500's and a different one for the twins. The instructions showed different bolt locations for the two applications. My mount didn't come with self tappers - It had bolts w/nuts. I really think the G II mount issue is the same as the winch issue - Improvements were made in mid to late 2008 and most of the problems have been resolved. I used my plow hard this winter w/o issue. Same for the winch. Polaris should make it right for the people with the older junk.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

2008 SP500X2. Nope - don't remove it when trail riding. junk self tappers - don't know had the delar install the mount for me.

Originally Posted by Douginmichigan
J 5's:
I check out your photos. What year & model quad is that mount on? By the looks of your mount you don't remove it when trail riding. Does your mount still have those junk self tappers in it? I can't post the installation instuction manual, I tried.
Anyone interested in seeing this manual for the plow & frame and the other for the mount can e-mail me at mini14@centurytel.net

Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Pedge1
I bought and installed a G II on my 500 HO back in December - The instructions with the mount indicated that it could be installed on the 500's and the twins. I don't think there are two different mounts - One for the 500's and a different one for the twins. The instructions showed different bolt locations for the two applications. My mount didn't come with self tappers - It had bolts w/nuts. I really think the G II mount issue is the same as the winch issue - Improvements were made in mid to late 2008 and most of the problems have been resolved. I used my plow hard this winter w/o issue. Same for the winch. Polaris should make it right for the people with the older junk.
What year is your 500
Doug

Old 03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Trailblazer
Angry Moose

Their Tech guy lied his *** off. Told me they don't make a mount for Polaris

Quick Reply: Polaris GlacierII whimpy plow frame plate