Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride

im planning on going on an 200+ mile atv trip in mn sometime in mayish. the trip will start in moose lake mn and go bout 200 and some miles to cass lake. it will be on an old railroad grade. would like someone to go with. so if somethin goes wrong there well be help. but if needed i will go alone. just checking intrest. let me know if youd like to tag along...

thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN

you gonna ride the soo line??? If so does it go straight through??? a few buddies of mine and i ride up in moose lake often..we're from the cities.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

yup. thats what im talking about. yup it goes from moose lake almost straight to almost to bemiji. i also seen a pic of a bridge thats supose to be about 500' in the air. iv been wanting to go for about the last 5 or so yrs.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Trailblazer

That invitation is tempting. I live in Columbus (where 35E and 35W meet north of St. Paul). I have a 500 HO ATP. It's heavy and has a solid axle and a tilt bed in back and a box in front too - obviously made for work. It would be a hand full on extreme terrain.

A railroad grade would be a good ride. I could even use high gear!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Trailblazer

hey we would love to go live in hibbing have rhino can that go on grades email me on times and leaveing from at botor55746@yahoo.com

Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Trailblazer

sorry its motor55746@yahoo.com

Old 03-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

awsome. well who ever wants to go. were all gona have to work out a time. i really never set a time. i was just thinking round may some time may be evon june. nice warm day so i dont freez my butt off on the cold air pockets. lol. i also want ti to be a clear day for the whole day. hate to get to bemiji and have it rain. and knowing theres sill a few hrs drive back.. and if theres a few people going (dont matter to me) it be nice to have someone with a bigger trailer. i only have a one place trailer.

MN04ATP it will be an easy ride. the butt might hurt ridding for a full day tho. think mine will. haha..... plus useing high gear would be awsome. nice ride. great country...

motorballs: is the rhino under 1500lbs? if it is your fine. but if its over there not allowed on the trail. plus if someone brakes down you can hall them home. lol j/k

heres the website i found on the trail check it out: http://www.co.carlton.mn.us/De.../Land_SooLine_FAQs.htm

Trending Topics

Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Im from duluth, and ride down by moose lake all the time during the summer with my friends from barnum. Soo pits are a frequent stop for us and the soo trail itself is fairly good riding. We are probably gonna go for our annual memorial day excursion down there, and we are always lookin for new people to ride with.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

i have no place to ride around my area. so id like to go on a good drive. are the pits open to anyone? cost anything? you might have more info on the trail than me. iv been looking on the net for info. but really havent found much. im looking forward to going over the bridge 500; in the air.....

Old 03-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah the pits are open to anyone and it doesnt cost anything. Unless that has changed since last year but i highly doubt it. There are some trails surrounding it with some mud and stuff. Plenty of hills to climb rocks, sand, mud if it recently rained. Its just a nice little place to ride around. Its not super technical but it has a little something for every one. It opens right away in april and closes around deer huntin sometime. Its right off the soo trail just a mile or so outside of moose lake.

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR A WHEELER BUDDY FOR THIS SUMMER IN MN on a 200+ mile ride