Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Touring Rear Brush Guard/Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Touring Rear Brush Guard/Bumper

When I go to order brush guards for the 500 touring I just ordered it appears that the regular rear guards will not fit the touring model. Does anyone know the differences with the touring? Is it a big deal to modify a regular rack to fit?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Might want to check out ATV-GURU for front and rear bumpers .Really strong and give good radiator coverage in front. You can use the Polaris tube bumpers front and rear, I had them before changing to ATV-GURU. You also mention back rack, there is a special Polaris back rack for the Touring, the regular do not fit.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the response Reno, sorry, i didn't mean to say rack, I was just talking about the rear bumpers (will the regular fit?). That rack looks good on your machine, but I was looking at these stainless tube bumpers.
Stainless Bumper I talked to the dealer and he's not sure if they'll fit the rear, but will take a return if they don't. I think that they'll look good with the stealth black and I'm concerned that the expanded metal will be a tradeoff between light protection and cleaning out sagebrush.

What did you do for a storage box on the rear of your touring's? I do 2-3 day rides away from the support vehicles (hence the 500 instead of the 800), so I need storage and the back seat. I must say that the trailer ATV Guru built for himself looks really sweet for multiday trips. I wonder what one of those would cost if he ever sold them.

Other than bumpers and storage I'm going to do the work light light (with LED bulbs) and 3 way headlight mods and probably the HID conversion too - it gets dark in the Nevada wilderness.

Where do you typically ride? I live in the Reno/Sparks area, so I noticed the name. Is there a connection?

Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep the regular sportsman one works on the touring...have it on mine

Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Reno is a nick name for my last name Tiscareno, I live in San Diego and do most of my riding here in SoCal or Utah. I have the 3 light mod and it's great for night riding. Polaris just came out with soft bag made for the Touring, runs about $130 and goes around the back of the seat and up the sides by the grips. I usally put a large duffle bag on the front, only problem is it blocks the headlight if you fill it up.
I do believe the rear of the Touring is the same as the regular Sportsman, the X2 are different since they have the box.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:18 AM
Range Rover

Thanks again for the info guys.

Reno, that really is a great photo of the front end and guard, you should add it to your profile photos.