Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes its a 800. Mine was not as wide so I had to mount it like this. I took the mounting plates off of a Hawkeye box I had. But I want to get a new box since this one had damage from a prior roll and was used as a test case.

Attached Thumbnails Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride-cimg9585.jpg   Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride-cimg9588.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I put the seat on....it actually kept the 850 from rolling down a hill today..just rolled on it's side rocked up on the seat box and stayed on it's side. Sorry didn't take any pics LOL...I was in too much of a hurry right it and keep oil put of the intake. The winch paid for itself by getting it back over...she is heavy!!

btw..I wasn't hurt...I knew what I was doing was flirting with disaster so I was ready to bail and that is exactly what I had to do.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
btw..I wasn't hurt...I knew what I was doing was flirting with disaster so I was ready to bail and that is exactly what I had to do.
High....That's potentially one expensive day of flirting. Rig would be trashed if it rolls over a couple times relatively quickly. All those Polaris fenders and racks. Good deal that you were able to bail though. Having an XP850 on your chest does not sound like fun.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are safe. Same thing happened to me on my Rinny last year. Box got torn up but save the Rincon from major damage. I was not so luck about walking away from it.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Fun ride- yes it could have been. I bought it to ride but when I say I knew I was flirting with disaster I didn't mean I went out looking to flip it. I got in a bad position climbing a clay washout,these are steep with with a little over hang at the crest. I have climbed many and usually I would make a few slow climbs to the crest to round it off easing back down each time until it was a manageable angle then hit it with a little momentum. This time when the front hit the crest the machine tried to turn sideways on the incline. The put me in a precarious position. I thought about winching it but i wasn't real crazy about setting the brake and trying to dismount in that position and having to stand on the down hill side of it to freespool the winch. Then i would have had to climb back over the machine to hool the winch up. My riding partner was a little ways away. I let off the brakes a little and let it roll back a little nice and slow trying to get a better angle,when I
Tried to reapply the brakes the machine slid on the clay which is hard like sand covered cement,that was all she wrote. The rear hit a hump and It rolled nice and slow,a heavier rider could have probably saved it.
stopped it from going over.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Thanks for posting this info, because I'm going to be in the market for a backrest so that my girlfriend can come along with me.

I've heard good things about the Polaris factory backrest, but I would entertain others as well.

I need to see the pictures of yours when I get home. I'm also going to need an auxiliary fuel tank too.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Glad to hear you are ok. I have laid mine on it's side also but in some snow. Gave it a nice and soft landing.

I really like how you installed this. I was toying with how to install a backrest on the back of mine. Where did you come up with the lock n ride anchors? I'm thinking of giving this a try.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
when I say I knew I was flirting with disaster I didn't mean I went out looking to flip it.
I know. Was just busting your tea bags. Good deal she didn't go over though. Sounds like a fun day of riding none the less.

-Quality incident description. Always interesting to hear how people get into and hopefully out of troubles.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Now that's a nice box! And excellent pics! Thanks.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JBF2
Glad to hear you are ok. I have laid mine on it's side also but in some snow. Gave it a nice and soft landing.

I really like how you installed this. I was toying with how to install a backrest on the back of mine. Where did you come up with the lock n ride anchors? I'm thinking of giving this a try.
Luckily where it rolled there was an area of of soft sand at the base of the hill left by a recent storm.

The Pure Polaris anchors should work fine but I picked up some take offs from a dealer who had kept some front racks off of machines they sold..(some of you will remember the discussions about dealers keeping the take off racks..lol)

Quick Reply: Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride