Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride

In prep for some long rides next month I mounted up a Tamarack Titan Lounger on my XP. I used lock and ride anchors(4) to secure it. So far it seems alot more secure than I thought it would. I actually hung off the back of it and it held my weight with no problem but I'll be keeping a close eye on it and doing some more longer test riding just to make sure the anchors don't start loosening after riding. I kind of wish I would have went with the Deluxe because the seat on the regular Titan is flatter up front and due to the slope of the rack makes you tend to slide forward unless someone is sitting on the seat in front of you to slide up against.....as long as the person sitting on the machine doesn't stand up without waring it is actually quite comfortable.
Also the Deluxe has hand holds...
I'll probably try to mod the cusion to make it thicker up front so it is more of a bucket and add some strap type hand holds.
I didn't get the deluxe because I was afraid it would be too big(extend too far forward)...hindsight says it might not have been.

BTW the Loungers are not designed for 2up riding...that's my disclaimer..lol

Name:  Tamarack1.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  Tamarack2.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  Tamarack3.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  38.7 KB

Old 04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

It looks good HO! Soon you'll have to buy another quad for your wife so you all can go!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

lookin good HO

Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Range Rover
First Things First!

Highoctane--Why did you decide on the Tamarack, did you look at the Kimpex Deluxe? This will be the next thing to buy for the wifes XP but I have no way to know which is best, or experience with the online dealers. I do know we want the hand grips and the tail/brake light.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:31 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by bentarrow
Highoctane--Why did you decide on the Tamarack, did you look at the Kimpex Deluxe? This will be the next thing to buy for the wifes XP but I have no way to know which is best, or experience with the online dealers. I do know we want the hand grips and the tail/brake light.
I went with that one soley based on it's size..for 2 reasons the XPs rack is fairly short and I didn't want the arm rests to hang off the front of the rack...and I wanted it narrow enough that I could use the stock rack bolts and fab up some mounting brackets if I wasn't satisfied with the lock and ride anchors security. The Titan Lounger met noth requirements the Deluxes,both Kimpex and Tamarack would extend over the rack bolts. Also I wasn't sure I could mount the rear lock and ride anchors inside the box due to the lip on the rear of the rack limiting how far back the lounger can be positioned,So it thought I might have to slide it forward and use lock and ride brackets on the outside which would have made the deluxe's arm rests hang off the front of the rack. Like I said though in hindsight the Deluxe would have probably worked just fine. I just didn't want to chance buying it and it not working and I was alot more confident I could make the smaller one work.
I'm going to fab up some strap handles on the arm rest lids and it will work fine for what I need...my 5 year daughter loves it..I think she would have slept on it last night if I let her..lol

Old 04-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
It looks good HO! Soon you'll have to buy another quad for your wife so you all can go!
I tried to when I bought my 850..she wasn't interested..she spent the money on nick knacks, wall art and some furniture we never use lol..
She will ride but is not interested in having her own....

Old 04-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Pro Rider

I hear ya on the nic-nac's and "stuff" HO, my wife brought home 3 or 4 Vase's last night! I asked her what she was going to do with them and she said "I don't know---Yet"LOL

Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Trailblazer

nice HO, i just bought the kimpex deluxe lounger for my Xp, plan on doing the exact same thing, mounting it with lock ride. my kimpex lounger is 351/2" wide at the bottom and tapers to 42" wide at the top, i know what u mean about the seat, mine is the thickest at the front to keep whoever from sliding forward how wide is your tamarack?

Last edited by RED800; 04-04-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RED800
nice HO, i just bought the kimpex deluxe lounger for my Xp, plan on doing the exact same thing, mounting it with lock ride. my kimpex lounger is 351/2" wide at the bottom and tapers to 42" wide at the top, i know what u mean about the seat, mine is the thickest at the front to keep whoever from sliding forward how wide is your tamarack?

The Tamarack Titan is 37 1/2" That is good info..I cound't find anywhere that said how wide the Kipex was at the base...only found the 42" width.

The Titan seat is thicker at the front but due the shape of the rack on the XP the cushion hangs off the front of the rack where the rack is curved. On a larger flat rectangular rack like on the older Sportsmans it woudn't be an issue. The cushion on the Kimpex Deluxe should be perfect.
Now that I'm more confident it would have worked,after putting this one on, I do wish I would have went with one of the Deluxes..but I was under a deadline and didn't want to risk not having something for my trip. Post up some pics when you get it on..maybe I'll sell the one I have and get a Deluxe eventually.

Last edited by HIGHOCTANE; 04-04-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

o i see what u mean about the seat now! well mine will probably hang over front of rack also then, i was a little hesitant about buying it becuz of the 42" wide but thats at its widest point on top so i should have no prob mounting it, my only concern is how it tapers bottom to top, if i have to put lock n ride brackets on the outside it will be hard to mount an "L" bracket to the side of the lounger (being tapered) that is also attached to the lock n ride bracket. being my lounger is 35.5" wide at the bottom, do u know the distance between the lock n ride brackets that at are at the front of your lounger, if they are within 35.5"s i should be able to put brackets in the compartment of the lounger itself, id check myself but my 850 wont be in till end of april.

Quick Reply: Tamarack Lounger on an XP..using lock and ride