Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Newbie to forum just ordered RCR stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie to forum just ordered RCR stage 1

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have been riding dirtbikes for many years. I am oraginaly from Maine, So I grew up on snowmobiles and got into atvs and dirtbikes after I moved to PA. I used to race hare scrambes and did alot of trail riding in Tower City PA, I converted to 4 wheels after my son decided he likes 4 wheels better than two. Anyway I bought my wife a new Polaris 250 Trailblazer back in 2002 since then it was hardly ever ridden. My son is riding a polaris predetor 90 and does quite well but sometimes gets in to situations where I have to stop and help him out. This is where th TB comes in. I have been riding a 03 LTZ400 or my 02 Banshee. Both were set up for agresive trail riding, fun but with a 10 year old son. It sometimes can be a pain if I have to stop and help my son on a tricky section of trail. So since the TB is just sitting around I decided I am going to try and get a little more fun factor out of it. I just ordered a RCR stage 1 kit from Rick. Hopefully, It will fut a little more fun in riding a 250 TB. Rick seams like a very nice guy on the phone and the price of his kit seams to be a good value. Just incase someone is interested the kit uses the stock head pipe and comes with a mid pipe and silencer. The clutch kit is just a spring does not come with weights. It also comes with an air filter. Still not bad price for a total of $325 shipped to my door. Rick says it will produce about 7 more horses than stock and will have a better bottom end pull. I hope so. I will be posting a review once I recieve it and get to install and test it.