Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stock tires - worth while?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
NO.

On the sidewall of your ATV tire you will find star imprints. Each star equals 2-ply. For example: three stars on the sidewall of a tire means the tire is rated at 6-ply.

Link to info ATV Nation > Tire FAQ or here ATV FAQs

I have seen 1 star rated tires with 5psi psi also printed on the side wall. PSI rating is just plain straight foward stated on the tire.

What do you mean by saying NO ? That info I posted was a copy and paste from a E-Mail I received directly from Carlisle its not something I just made up . But hey I guess you know more than Carlisle do . They e-mailed me back because I asked them what the stars on the side of my tires represented . Info from

Jennifer Sands
Customer Service Analyst-Aftermarket
Ph: 800-827-1001 ext: 456
Fax: 888-225-3250

Last edited by Spdecat; 05-28-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add info
Old 05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

In this case yes. You show me one link that the star means tire pressure and I,ll show you 100 links it has to do with ply rating only. Why have a star imprint meaning psi when the psi is just stated on the tire anyways.

The only tire I seen with no star imprints is because the just print the ply rating in plain english.

here are two more links to show the other two were not mistaken http://www.pulsemed.org/atv-tires-faq.htm and http://www.offroaders.com/tech/ATV-Tires/atv-FAQ.htm

Where is yours stars mean psi link?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
In this case yes. You show me one link that the star means tire pressure and I,ll show you 100 links it has to do with ply rating only. Why have a star imprint meaning psi when the psi is just stated on the tire anyways.

The only tire I seen with no star imprints is because the just print the ply rating in plain english.

here are two more links to show the other two were not mistaken ATV Tires FAQ - Answers to Frequent Questions and ATV Tire Reviews

Where is yours stars mean psi link?

I'm just posting what Jennifer Sands sent me you can always call her I tend to believe what the manufactures say after all they make the tires .

Old 05-28-2009, 05:47 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Tell Jenny she is mistaken, unless Carlisle high jacked the universal meaning of the Star imprint symbol for ALL other tire makers as representing ply rating for Carlisle very own purpose to mean psi rating instead.

Good thing Carlisle does not make street lights and took it on there own to change "red" to mean "go" now.