Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

poaris needs to recall rear axles on 850 xp!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by max rider
Why are you sell yours and getting a can-am. If there so relieable.
1) I never made any statements about the XP's reliability..but mine has not missed a beat.
I don't think the XPs have been around long enough to specualte about long term reliability. The axle clicking is not a reliability issue..it still functions normally.

2) My choice to get a Can-Am has nothing to do with my XP..I need a 2up machine and don't care for the XP Touring for reasons that have nothing to do with reliability. I wish I could afford to keep the XP and get the Can-Am..I hope the Can-Am will be is trouble free and my XP has been.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
Polaris communicates with dealers in various ways..some of which require a small amount of effort on the dealer's part..sounds to me like you should be upset at the dealer if anything..did he even investigate whether he could warranty the axles? I bet he did not.
As for the SLD..it works as it should on a stock machine,and even with slightly over sized tires it does not activate..put 30's on and the SLD now becomes your problem not Polaris'..
Sounds like you failed to do any research before you bought and now it has to be someone else's fault...the SLD activating with oversized tires and possibility of clicking axles have been known and talked about extensively for quite some time.
Yea your right. I will make relieable one day maybe. I will run the stock axles until they break. And then get some gorilla's or turners.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by max rider
Why are you sell yours and getting a can-am. If there so relieable.
I wasn't gonna say anything, but..........it's because he has lost his mind.....

J/K I'd trade my 850 for an Outty and not think twice. Not that the Outty is better, but it would be fun to try one out. I just hate their weak front suspension. Maybe the 2010's are better.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

From the time I first joined this forum HO has been an asset to the forum and has always tried to help others and point them in the right direction. I for one value his opinion! Just from what I've seen and read here, HO is the kind of guy that fixes up a machine, whether it's a car or a quad, to the point he really likes it and considers it "Done" and then needs another project to start on. I don't know if that's totally accurate but close IMO. I would have been happy to buy his 850 from him if I could afford it! LOL!

Coming on here and questioning his integrity is flat out insulting to anyone that knows him! JMO!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
Just from what I've seen and read here, HO is the kind of guy that fixes up a machine, whether it's a car or a quad, to the point he really likes it and considers it "Done" and then needs another project to start on.

Guilty as charged! lol..you pretty much nailed it... Riding an ATV or racing a drag car is only half the fun to me..getting it set up is the other half.
And thanks rancher...helping each other is what is all about..I have learned alot from this forum too. Lots of good folks here with common goal..we help each other out and learn some along the way.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

You should just work for HL or one of the Mags.....it would be less out of your pocket.

Hate to see ya go to the yeller side..........

Old 08-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
You should just work for HL or one of the Mags.....it would be less out of your pocket.

Hate to see ya go to the yeller side..........
Too much politics..takes the fun out of it..I used to do something similar and got burnt out real quick..alot more fun when I do what I want and have my own opinions. Now I could see starting my own business one of these days,developing ATV related products..but for now I got my hands full trying to retire from my 1st career.
I'm not going to any side the way I see it..just broadening my horizons lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Banned

To my knowledge, my CV joints/differential do not whine or make any type of noise.

However, I'm scheduled to bring my machine in for the recall on August 22nd and they were instructed to check the not only the CV joints/differential, but the front end too, just to be safe that everything is good. So far, I really like the machine, the looks AND power! My better half would like her very own, which I could afford to buy her one.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I see this is your first day on this forum, max rider.... Happy Birthday to you!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

HighOctane, hopefully you can be the same asset to the BRP guys as you have been to us Polaris guys.

Quick Reply: poaris needs to recall rear axles on 850 xp!!