Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009 | 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a link after some google searchin,
Plastic Gloss

But it is $20 a bottle, but I think I may have to get me some to test out, how many good cleans can you get out of a bottle?

Old 08-26-2009 | 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Since you just coat the quad with it after you clean, it gets quite a few uses. I've used it two or three times and the bottle is still almost full. It really makes stuff look new. It's a little pricey but believe or not it was cheaper at the dealerships. only 15.99 and all the dealerships around my area carry it. Ask around your dealer may carry it or if not just email nova fluids and they will tell you your closest location. I will try to do some b4 and after pics tomorrow.

Old 08-26-2009 | 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy everyone........Just picked up the STP Son of a Gun. The bottle description says it has a sunscreen formulation. Yahoo...I usually use Pledge but I have the camo X2 and it seems the camo's are prone to fading.... so the sunscreen sounds like a good idea to me. I used it on a side panel and on the cargo bed black plastic and it really looks good. Feels more "slippy". I'll be using the STP from now on......Good thread.........NoJoke

Old 08-26-2009 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

good thread indeed . been learning a lot!! thanks guys

Old 08-26-2009 | 10:43 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I like to use tire black or tire shine or whatever, as long as it's got silicone in it. And I also coat the underbody and frame with wd-40. Almost all of the mud falls off with just the garden hose. I've tried the stp and armorall and they do work well,but the silicone based products seem to help shed the mud a little better, not to mention it's cheaper than the others if you buy the off brand, (Autozone,advance auto,wal-mart or maybe even your local dollar store)

Old 08-28-2009 | 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Jungle Jake the whole inside (Wally World), pull the drain plugs, and power wash the whole inside, then turn on the Craftsman shop vac, and project complete!!