Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear Cargo Box

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wenty, what are ya talking about? Thats NOT a rear storage box, its a dang gone TRUNK! LOL....LOL.........LOL

QB,

I never had it submersed but honestly no water has even got in mine or my cousins and we did some mud and deep water pretty good. All that said, I don't think there is any claims of water-tight but even cleaning up and being in straight down pours holds great!

CaptQuint, yes for me I am only speaking from experience, off course if my situation was different then yea no doubt. But I think its better to have than not to have everyone is different. While I like gadgets and stuff I decided I didn't like my GPS mount or bar mirror on my bike so many have them and like it and now after 3yrs of riding I just think its a distraction and don't like extra things on my bars anymore. Personal preference, to each his own, all good here!

Cheers,

R'

Old 09-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Wenty, what are ya talking about? Thats NOT a rear storage box, its a dang gone TRUNK! LOL....LOL.........LOL

R'

Yep, that one in the pics is big, that's why they call it the "monster box".

They make a medium and small box as well, the small is a little shorter than the polaris lock N ride box and shaped somewhat the same. They're made out of a strong material that's tougher than the polaris ones. They're built to withstand 30-40 below and not crack, good shock resistence. Better, stronger hinges and latches also. Nothing against the polaris boxes, they're nice. I've used them side by side, the otter monster boxes are truely built better.

Otter is pretty new to ATV accessories, they started out building portable ice houses and the sleds. Within a few years their sleds were known the be the toughest portable sleds on the market, now the other manufacturers are going to the same style/material sled. They now have expanded into atv accessories, atv trailers, boxes, etc...Really a good company building good products.

This link is a pretty good one showing most of the products they make.

Riverside Outdoors