Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mr. Stendori

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meddy dont let em bum you out, The 500 is a fine machine and will do anything a 800 will do, except it does it slower. 28s will will work fine, you just wouldnt have the midrange power, and if you have the carbed machine you can fix the problem with jetting and clutching.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickeyparker
Meddy dont let em bum you out, The 500 is a fine machine and will do anything a 800 will do, except it does it slower. 28s will will work fine, you just wouldnt have the midrange power, and if you have the carbed machine you can fix the problem with jetting and clutching.

nobody's trying to bum him out about a 500 vs. any size wheeler. just saying facts about if when you go up in size in tires you WILL have some power lose of some kind. a 500 aize wheeler is about the best all around wheeler to have for sure and w/ some clutching yes it will give a little of the take off you will loose but it robs power/speed form other places. also there is the fact of bigger tires wearing a little extra heavy of parts causing premature wear on certain parts. for myself the only good things about my bigger tires is a little more ground clearnace and better traction in the deep stuff. imo

Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stendori
nobody's trying to bum him out about a 500 vs. any size wheeler. just saying facts about if when you go up in size in tires you WILL have some power lose of some kind. a 500 aize wheeler is about the best all around wheeler to have for sure and w/ some clutching yes it will give a little of the take off you will loose but it robs power/speed form other places. also there is the fact of bigger tires wearing a little extra heavy of parts causing premature wear on certain parts. for myself the only good things about my bigger tires is a little more ground clearnace and better traction in the deep stuff. imo
I didnt say anyone In paticular is bumming him out about a Sizing problem, please dont take offense Stendori, he says that after being in the forum for awhile he alluded that hemight have gone with a 800 Instead of the 500, he has already gotten the 500 and now he needs some help with it and tires. I think for that machine a set of dirt devils in a 27 would be fine and do wonders for that machine.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no offense taking at all. i'm stating my own opinion as too there is alot of differnce between the 800 and 500 w/ or w/out bigger tires. the biggest noticeable differnce is in the take off and how much throttle is needed and the bog/delay in actuaaly moving forward. now after owning a 335, 450, 500, and 2 800's all sportsmans w/ thier heavy weight i can atest that there is a huge off the line differnce. bigger tires will even make it slower(requiring more throttle and hard belt grip,hence a clutch kit for bigger tires)and causing some,not all, to wish they had more HP. my 02' 500 was fine w/ the stock 25" raw hides tires it had, but for me, if i would have put bigger tires on it i would have disliked the bike for sure even w/ a clutch kit. now this is just my own thoughts not are not shared my all. as far as the sportsman 500 goes, i think its the best all around bike there is. imo