Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Mr. Stendori

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mr. Stendori

I started a new post to make sure you saw this, Roofer really thinks I'll lose power with mst's. He said he did when he put em on his stock brute, however he did not mention the fact that I have a clutch kit, and his brute was stock. I'm not tryin to doubt him or not trust his evaluation, he doesn't seem to think real highly of the mst do to he thinks they are a heavy tire, but the bighorns aren't that much lighter than the mst. Since you seem to be really knowledgable on atv, as does Roofer, I wanted to get your opinion too. I like to get as many facts from as many reliable sources as I can and then make an educated decision, before I buy. I learned this by buying the 500, I wish I would've found this forum b4 I purchased wy wheeler it deffinately would've helped aid in my decision to buy a 500 vs. an 800 I'm sure. I purchased the 500 b/c it can do everything a needs and at the time I thought 800 was basically more to feed the ego, hind sight is 20/20!!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I think you would notice the MST's more than the Big Horns, but if you are staying with 26"s I think you'll be able to do plenty, and probably be fine with 27"s with your clutch kit

Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Why can't Polaris dealers give the consumer an option to upgrade tires at the time of purchase? I would of liked that option!

Cheers,

R'

Old 09-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Why can't Polaris dealers give the consumer an option to upgrade tires at the time of purchase? I would of liked that option!

Cheers,

R'
Most dealers do. Around here it is almost exclusively ITP wheels and tires, and at a premium price. I'd rather buy later and not pay interest on small mods like that. I always buy the machine completely stock, except for a winch sometimes which is normally thrown in the deal.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Range Rover

I just wish they would've told me then that the "warn" polaris winches were made in china and junk.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

first the polaris winches are "NOT" a warn winch and if it was it would say " warn made for polaris" or something w/ both names on it. as far tires goes and i'm not familiar w/ these mst tires. i've a few differnt brand such as dirt devils,mud lites, xtr mudlites and swamp lites. i like the swamp lites for lite and great all around tire. mu xtr's have a great tread and handling and traction is real good. as gfar as weight goes anything over a stock tire will cause some power lose no matter what the brand wheeler and size engine. for the most part going only one size up on the tires from stoc isnt too bad and really dont notice it too much. i know a guy who ran 27" on his 500 w/ out to much problem but you have to use low range alot more or will have belt issues. if you have a clutch kit which is made for a bigger tire it will help replace some of the power lose from the take off but most of the time you loose top end a little. more rotating mass of heavy tires does rob some hp so it's basicly up to the person on how much there willing o give up. if this makes any sense to ya. imo

Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you know my WARN winches from my 2006 Sportsman 450's are made for
Polaris by WARN.........Caper,........Maybe last year(206) for the TRUE "WARN"
......Caper........

Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both labels like Stendori said...........Caper.........

Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Range Rover

Thanx to all 4 replies, especially Roffer and Stendori, will take advise and consider. I was looking at the dirt devil II lastnight and like them as well, were you happy with them?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:36 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by RticKwad

Cheers,

R'
Do you really what the dealer to up grade your ATV wheels or tires for you with there markups. Get the atv home and upgade it youself online for half the cost. Once you leave the dealership with your new ATV the hope is you never see them again ever. I leaned that when they tied to sell me a $65 fan for $220.

Your not going to get a set of 26" GBC SPARTACUS 8 PLY RADIAL ATV TIRES AND BRAND NEW 14" ITP SS106 MACHINED ALUMINUM WHEELS for $620 from a dealer. 26" SPARTACUS & 14" ITP SS106 ATV MUD TIRE & WHEEL KIT:eBay Motors (item 370182379190 end time Sep-28-09 18:39:02 PDT)

Quick Reply: Mr. Stendori