Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Arctic Cat VS Polaris, Does anyone know the difference???

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i know the difference, arctic cat is designed after polaris and therefore, i consider it a copycat although it is a good 4wheeler, my uncle's has given him no trouble, but it did stand him up once, ask him about it, he's texascat...

Old 02-22-2001, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

they already know me. we have already had our scraps. thank you for putting ac first in your title. the main difference is that ac is primarily a utility atv and the polaris magnum/sportsman is a sport/utility. they each have their good and bad traits. they come from the same state and the same nation. true, ac has a suzuki engine but early polaris atvs had fuji parts in their engines. basically bushwhacker, we ac guys are real laid back. if you want to get into a real p*ssing contest pick on a yamaha or a honda. those guys get real hot when you pick on their ride. by the way, does your speedo work and on what atv did the belt break this weekend??? sure i stood mine up a couple of times but it still works like new. that night at your party what if brandon would have stood his up. a chain and a tractor would have been needed to get that 700+ lb hog of a sportsman out.

actually the difference is that one is an ac and the other is a polaris. two totally different animals. its like comparing a truck to a suv. both can go almost anywhere but are ulitlized in different ways.

texascat

Old 02-22-2001, 01:05 AM
Trailblazer

Cats are under powered, slow and are plaged with problems and the rocking shifter sucks

Old 02-22-2001, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

I like the looks of the Cats. But the shifter's look like they came from junk yard wars.

Old 02-22-2001, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

shakeyjake69
Not to start a conflict or anything. But you must be smoking crack. You probably on of those guys who just reads and believes anything the mags say. Where do you get the AC's are underpowered. They where not designed to be sport machines. They where designed for work. Yes they dont go 60 miles an hour but that has nothing to do with power. Dodge cummins deisel Wont do 130mph but does that meen its under powered, no. That Cat will pull just as much if not more then any other quad out there. Cat suspensions are first class. The only Quad that rides better is the SP line up, all though the AC 250 and 300 will give The SP line up run for its money in the smooth ride category. If you dont believe me ride one. Oh yeah where do you get cat has had many problems. Yes in there first year or two the had carb problems and some had a faulty water pump seal. But since then they have been pretty trouble free. Just look at the Ac forum. You dont see that many problems at all in there. In fact many people rate the AC as the next honda in reliabilty. There a solid machine. You dont here me rippen on Polaris for there Past problems. Polaris is the brand that is notorious for breaking down. Not saying there bad quads. But everyone Knows about there old rep. The reason I say Old beasue i believe they have changed too.
matty

Old 02-22-2001, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

they are different both are good, but Polaris is better for all around atving, especially the SP the Xpedition 425 and the 500 Mag tough and powerful. From my experience with new Polaris machines they have run better than the Yamaha's and Honda's I have owned before, you know it is like the wimpy guy in high school that comes back a body builder and kicks the crap out of the people that picked on him for having a difficult childhood. Hence Polaris and what it is doing to the competition right now.

Old 02-22-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

shakeyjake69
Where did you ever get that Arctic Cats are plagued with problems, goes to show how uniformed you are.
By the way the Arctic Cat people don't go on the polaris forum and cut Polaris down.
Good for you girthguy, your post is right on.

Old 02-22-2001, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

3tv and shakeyjake69,

No cats are not fast. But honestly how much 4 wheeling is spent at top speed? Cats are Underpowered? I have a 400 hp supercharged 360 V8 im my truck but it will max out at around 130 mph because it's still a truck. Is it underpowered? That same motor in a Camaro will get it to 160 or better. can the Camaro still tow my boat, u-haul or 2 quads? No. You don't see anyone out testing 4X4 trucks and suv's for top speed do you? They weren't designed for it! The super-low transfer case should be a dead give-away. Ugly? Does your girlfriend get to pick the thing. Maybe you could get a custom made suede seatcover or a cup holder built into the front rack. Pinstripes look good too! get real. Someone is probably designing a line of Calvin stickers peeing on other brands of quads. Have I riden a SP500? Yes. Great machine. fast. Comfy. Would I buy one? No. Sherman tank heavy, space craft styling, to many problems could come out of nowhere(lots of parts and gadgets on those things). Would I tell someone else not to buy one? Nope. Your money...your quad.

Old 02-22-2001, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

My opinion - Polaris makes the best SPORT/utility, and AC makes a better sport/UTILITY
Both make great machines, but with different focus.

Old 02-22-2001, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard that ac has the most low end torgue of any machine, any. Not to throw reviews at you or anything cause I dont' agree with them, but the shootout between the traxter and the ac was dead even, and the traxter is supposed to be a good machine. They were dead even in mud tests, the magnum and the other two machines were the only three stock machines to make it through the mud hole. Tells you something about ac, I am a true polaris fan but I think that ac makes great quads and I am tired of people putting down polaris and ac.

Quick Reply: Arctic Cat VS Polaris, Does anyone know the difference???