Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hauling carts Gone Wild!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use one of these from Harbor Freight:

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Well worth what I paid for it a few years ago. I think I got mine on sale for $175.00 or something with free shipping. They run about $200.00 now. Swisher or cycle country or one of those companies sells the same exact trailer for 300-400 dollars.

I made some different types of sides for mine. One is for firewood and general items while the other has solid floor and sides which allow for carrying gravel, dirt and loose stuff.

They're a good inexpensive customizable trailer.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by MickJP
Hey TLC - in your photo album; where is it that you're unloading the quad from the train ?

Thats a place called Eton, about 100 miles north E. of Sault Ste. Marie Ont. It has many old abandon thin logging roads from the 60s that go to all kinds of lakes for fishing but the only way into the area itself is by train.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the John Deere type. I purchased it at Home Depot 5 years ago. I keep it outside under the trees all year & it still looks almost new. Very similar to the craftsman. Worth its weight in gold. I like the plastic. No rust and easy to clean. We also use ours as a large cooler for parties in the summer. Just load it up with ice , soda and beer and park it next to the fire pit.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Nice pics Thor et al, and good info. (Thanks Switz, I see now how I can mount it underneath, cool, more work to do, lol)

PICS:

Regards,

R'

Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Whe have used those trailer in the rough trails with them loaded pretty good and they do make it but they NEED 3 easy quick mods done to them.

1- bolt a ball reciever hitch to them in place of the pin set up.
2- strap the front of trailer bucket to the tongue,the tilt mechanism will release on its own on rough going.Guaranteed
3- Because the wheels are a simple slide on axle set up with no wheel bearings, take the wheels off and heavily grease the wheel axle untill it oozes out of the ends and keep the air at 8 psi.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

TLC you are right! see the pic below for my first use yesterday of the trailer. It did a great job but it got beaten up. Tomorrow I hope to install the coupler hitch!

Regards,

R'

Old 10-04-2009, 07:34 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

The ball hitch will also make the trail much less tippy, it onlly allows the trailer to tilt so much and keeps it upright by shear strength. Does thyours have the tilt bucket?

Old 10-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Yes it has the tilt-release. My wooded trails were pretty tight. But the width of the
poly cart is the same as my wheeler. It all worked great though. You and the others were right also about the backing up. Man, I thought my 6x4 small trailer turned on a dime, but this one takes the cake. We did have to pop it off several times for the turn abouts. So with the hitch coupler that should make that sceneria so much better.

I hope to accomplish that task today! This is FUN stuff, and these carts are worth their weight in GOLD!

Thanks everyone for all the great tips! I would highly recommend the poly dump cart type for your needs. Now lets see if I can really caress this thing with some downed deer in a couple weeks! lol....lol

Regards,

R'

Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up

Here is a picture of mine. The pictures were taken with my phone so they are not real clear.
Name:  atvwood1.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  109.9 KB

I have a ball hitch on mine to make it ride smoother.
Name:  atvwood2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  101.0 KB

Old 10-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Nice pics Fourtrax! Well I tried to hammer out the bent/banged up metal of the tongue with no success. I am going to try vise grips and try bending and shaping it back. Need to do this before I install the coupler hitch.

Thx,

R'

Quick Reply: Hauling carts Gone Wild!