Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hauling carts Gone Wild!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauling carts Gone Wild!

Okay no pretty female pics here, lol. But I just invested in this product today for my upcoming Hunting needs. Would like to know if anyone out there is using this particular one with their Polaris and IF NOT then what do you have and what do you use? No buyers remorse yet, I hadn't even unboxed it!

My reqts: Hauling 100lbs sacks of deer corn, game harvest, stands/feeders etc. etc.

Craftsman 12.5 cu. ft. Hauling Cart

Cheers,

R'

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar type cart. They work great but I would suggest bolting a trailer tongue so you can hook it up with a ball. Those pin type hitches suck. Kind of a pain to back up with the short tongue too but it's pretty easy to take some light channel to make an extended one. Perfect for light jobs around the yard or having to haul stuff in tight places where my 6.5x10 won't fit.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have been using a Craftsman utility trailer for several years aroud the house. It is one of the all steel models and I load it down very heavy most of the time. I use it to haul firewood from the stack to the house. I will load it it with white oak firwood as full as I can get it and pull it to the hosue with my TRX300. It has been a great tool for around the place here.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Switz,

Is there a special accessory for this to make it a hitch ball type b/c the tongue on this thing is no ordinary one like a normal carry on trailer. Non-solid tongue type.

Thx,

R'

Old 09-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Switz,

Is there a special accessory for this to make it a hitch ball type b/c the tongue on this thing is no ordinary one like a normal carry on trailer. Non-solid tongue type.

Thx,

R'
I bought one from walmart and installed it on the tongue of my cart. I just had to drill one hole to make it fit. Everything I pull has one of these ball hitches on it, log splitter, yard vacuum, yard cart, etc.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Got any pics so I can get an idea of what the product looks like? Everything seems to always BE at Walmart until I go there and shop or try to search for a product on-line, lol..lol As for everything else regarding everyday house-hold needs no problems. Can you all feel me?

Thx,

R'

Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

I think he is talking about one of these. Fulton Trailer Coupler — 2in. Channel | Towing Couplers | Northern Tool + Equipment
That is what I use. You can get one at auto parts, Lowes or wally world. Just bolts right on the channel. Make sure you get one to fit the width of your tongue channel

Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Big-O et al,

I have a hitch coupler, but I don't think that generic one would work. Look at the tongue
style from the my link. Its hollow underneath!

Craftsman 12.5 cu. ft. Hauling Cart

Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Nice lookin trailer, I was looking at some at Home depot....but the cheapest one was over $250. Yes, Wally world does carry the hitch that bolts on the tongue, was looking at them when I was thinking of building a trailer myself. They are usually in the automotive dept..but i have seen them in the camping dept also. I guess every store is set up a little differently.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Pro Rider

You position the coupler under the tongue and drill holes through the tongue and top of the coupler. Snug em up and away you go.

Quick Reply: Hauling carts Gone Wild!