Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why So Many People Viewing Polaris?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol... go read some of the other forums... every quad made has all their fair share of problems. polaris is no better or worse then anyone else.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as much as I like them and think they rock. the old two stroke quads are the majority of the mech questions on here. the rest just lots of quad crazy polaris guys.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Polaris is the way out.... out of the woods that is LOL! Back in 2005 I pulled buddies argocat 6 wheeler out of the creek an when we got it on the banks hooked it up to my Trailblazer 400 2wd an pulled him probably a quarter of a mile back to the parking lot and the belt held up.Boy it was so muddy I turned around my boy looked like a hershey bar

Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

This is a great site for info (I have used it since 1999). I think the numbers are wrong because it looks like Yamaha has more viewers / posts.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Were else would you be if your not riding?

Last edited by stendori; 10-24-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.

Originally Posted by PsYcHo'S tHeRaPy
Were else would you be if your not riding?

Last edited by stendori; 10-24-2009 at 06:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

i think it is due to the fact that the polaris guys are pretty serious about thier bikes. As far as the tech ?s go it is also a great place to at least pointed in the right direction to how to solve ur problem if not completely fix it. There is no doubt that some of the systems on popo's are pretty complex and even mechanically inclined people may need some direction. It is also a great place to meet good people with similar interests. We also like to brag on how we pull our friends "bulletproof" straight axle air cooled bikes out of the woods and mud with our piece of crap, belt eating polaris'. lol

Old 10-24-2009, 04:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've owned every major brand ATV on he planet and had more problems with my 99 and 2000 Polaris ATVs than ALL the rest of the ATVs combined,and I've been riding 3-4 wheelers since 1984.

I understand that Polaris ATVs have come a LONG ways since than, but even back in 1999 and 2000, these SAME Polaris forums were always busy, mostly with disgruntled customers.

Today, im taking my neighbors to various ATV dealerships and thought I would take a peek in the Polaris forums to see who's having problems with their ATVs and what those models are.

However, my better judgement tells me that I think I'll play it safe and do what I said I'd do WAY back in 2002 when I got rid of my Polaris ATVs----said I'd never buy another one..

Im going to play it safe and take them to my Can Am dealer.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that is your right for sure. everyone has their own opinion an i think back myself and also have ben riding since atc/atv's first came out and have worked on my fair share of ALL brands w/ break downs. if anyone says that brand A is better then brand C becuase they don't break down or a much better product, i think is using there own experince on that choice. every brand of bikes has had issues at one point in time and that doesn't make then worse then any other. that being said, i'm not saying polaris is the best built(leave that to the mfg.) or the worse. but for myself i like what they have for product because it fits my needs and desires. imo.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Polaris makes it for the owner to be able to work on as well. If you can do the simple maintenance on a auto, you should be able to do the same on your ATV. With Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Can-Am, and Bombardier, you have to wait for the parts to come across on the boat, then hire a Foreign translator to break down the instructions, by that time the riding season is over!!

Quick Reply: Why So Many People Viewing Polaris?