Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Can't Decide! On The Fence Post!- PLOWS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't Decide! On The Fence Post!- PLOWS!

I just bought a new '09 Sportsman 500EFI (last year for the 500EFI in a Sportsman) and I just can't decide which plow set-up to go with.

Maybe YOU can help!

-I had problems with my Glacier2 mounting plate bending on my '08 X2 and I don't know if Polaris addressed this with a thicker stronger plate. Anyone know?

-Moose has the strong old reliable push-tube type but I really hate lining-up the pins under the ATV. (I remove/mount my blade frequently throughout the Winter-First I plow then remove it and go joy riding you see). Moose also has the Quick-Mount BUT I think it's the same mount as the Glacier2???? Sure looks the same!

-The Warn blade set-up looks solid just like Moose's old push-tube design. Plus I kind-of like the power-pivot offered by Warn. No more getting-off the ATV to more the blade left/right. BUT I think the pins must be lined-up UNDER the ATV??

So, that's the 3! (Glacier2/Moose/Warn)

Well boys!!..............Which one do I buy??

Old 10-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

Warn Provantage, watch this video
YouTube - Warn ProVantage Plow System

and you'll be hooked

Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Range Rover
Maybe you could have your wife talk to my wife?

I'll throw another at you that you may want to consider and that would be the Tusk brand carried by Rockymountainatv. Made by American Eagle in Minn, it's a more economical alternative and in my opinion, pretty well designed/built. That being said, I haven't used mine yet as I just got it a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
cc

Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glacier 1 with the 60" RZR blade! Had mine since early 06 and use the death out of it every Winter with no problems. Just upgraded to the RZR blade and can't wait to try it out. The 60" straight blade it replaced was still in great shape other than having to flip the wear blade.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Warn power pivot is pretty spendy but nice. I have only used the Moose and Cycle Country standard type plows with push tubes. I have had real good luck with them. Currently use the Cycle Country set up but bought the quick pin set up. Its a lot faster to hook and unhook pushtube, but you still have kneel down on the ground.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Dublin
I'll throw another at you that you may want to consider and that would be the Tusk brand carried by Rockymountainatv. Made by American Eagle in Minn, it's a more economical alternative and in my opinion, pretty well designed/built. That being said, I haven't used mine yet as I just got it a few weeks ago.

Cheers,
cc
I purchased a Tusk plow last year, and can vouch for it's durability. The installation instructions need improvement, but overall, installation wasn't too bad. RM also has a installation video.

$ for $, nothing else compares.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by EPIChad
Warn power pivot is pretty spendy but nice. I have only used the Moose and Cycle Country standard type plows with push tubes. I have had real good luck with them. Currently use the Cycle Country set up but bought the quick pin set up. Its a lot faster to hook and unhook pushtube, but you still have kneel down on the ground.
I'm seriously considering one of those. I have an old Polaris branded Cycle Country plow and I despise having to hook the thing up. You have to lay down on the cold, wet, muddy garage floor and try to get the push tube lined up just right and then get the pins through the hole without moving the tubes. Sometimes it goes pretty smooth but other times it seems like it fights you the entire way. Pulling it off isn't as bad but you you still end up having to crawl around on the floor.

Like our OP I take mine on and off a lot. Once I'm done plowing I have to take it off so I can do other chores and that requires crawling around on the wet and dirty garage floor.

How much do they cost? I don't see a price on the Cycle Country webpage. It looks like it would still pretty tricky to get the thing lined up.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Pro Rider

I have a warn plow and I'm seriously thinking of modding my plow to work with that kit

Quint heres the link : http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...ow-mounts.html

and it's $69.99

Old 10-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Trailblazer

I have the Glacier 1 and its held up to some abuse. Can hook up in about 30 seconds too.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thank-you for all the replies so far! The Polaris Forum rocks! (it really does! LOL! )

Would anyone out there know if the Glacier2 mounting plate has been beefed-up? My Popo dealer says they have but can anyone confirm this?

The Glacier 1 I owned was good. After a while it did become necessary to use the winch to lift the blade up really hard to make it lock in place. (before all I had to do to mount the blade was to lift it by hand and the little red tipped pin would lock in place. I think something somewhere got bent.

I wish a dealer sold all the brands! (it would be MUCH better to see them all side-by-side!)
-Tusk
-Cycle Country
-Warn
-Moose

How does the 60" RZR blade differ from a 60" regular Glacier blade?

Quick Reply: Can't Decide! On The Fence Post!- PLOWS!