Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Did you hagle over your ATV cost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you hagle over your ATV cost?

Is it common to haggle of the cost of a new ATV like a Car? What was your expereince?

Thanks

Old 10-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

Didn't haggle over price of bike because price was advertised on website but got good deals on extras

Old 10-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

I tried dealing in Denver and not 1 dealer would go lower than list on a Polaris 850 even though they had a full stock and more coming in. I could save $300 driving outside the area 120 miles or $500 in Utah. I found dealers websites with prices that saved me $2000 so I drove out of state. I didn't haggle with the dealer, saved $2000 and got a white hat with their name on it.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I haggled when I bought the X2 brand new. Got them down around $700 off list. I then asked about the factory offer for a free winch. They gave it to me but didn't install. They were at the end of where they were willing to go. I didn't haggle on the ATP. I got it a year old with 10 miles and 20 hours for almost $3000 off the year old sticker price. I would have felt guilty about haggling for that. It was brand new condition and had just been used for chores around the guys yard.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I have never haggled over a price on the atv I wanted. I know the dealers don't make much on them, so I would feel guilty. Being in business myself, I know how it goes trying to make a living. I like to set my prices, so I feel they can too. Although, they are just selling retail. It's no sweat off their backs.

I drove 2 hours to a dealer to get my XP mainly because they were the only dealer around that had them. They also gave me more for my trade and had a price $600 cheaper than anyone else. I gained about $1100 on the deal.
If it was only a few hundred and more available at the time, I would have kept it local.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i NEVER pay retail for an atv or anyhting else(auto,bike,sled) sense there is so much comption out there.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

I would always haggle..unless the dealer just gives you an awesome price right off the bat..which some do...in that case no need to haggle....
Basically do some research and see what the going best price is....if your dealer is way off from the lowest going price bring it up and see if they will get closer...if you are lucky enough to be dealing with a good high volume dealer they will most likely match the price,or get close enough to make the deal about the same as if you had to drive to get a better deal..
And do not feel bad...they may not make a mint on you but no established dealer that has been in business for any length of time is going to take a loss to make a sale....they can always say no..
I got over $1500 off MSRP on my last bike and I bet dollars to doughnuts the dealer still made money...if they didn't the doors would close pretty quick. BTW I didn't even have to haggle for that price..

Old 10-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

A dealership about 30 minutes from me actually lost their privilege to sell Polaris because their prices were much too low all the time. I have a friend who used to sell there and they would push out quite a few units every month. Gave us great deals, but now they only sell Yamaha.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

i got an 09 sportsman 400 HO for $4799 plus $200 freight/setup. There was a factory rebate so i dont know if it was much of a deal from the dealer. They werent willing to budge on the price, and i didnt really find other dealers near by that had a better price, maybe one or two hundred cheaper but the dealer i bought it from was nice and not full of ****, which is worth more than a few hundred to me.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

My local dealer won't haggle much on the latest model on the floor just match, but if they have a last years model hanging around then let the haggling begin. This year my buddy walked out with 08 sp 800 with extras for $6800 taxes included.

Quick Reply: Did you hagle over your ATV cost?