Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

damn good deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 05:03 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noooooo
I have a good friend who has been needing money lately. Yes, I have been buying some things from him. I felt very guilty. He explained it to me like this. I named my price and I need the money. I would rather my situation benefit a friend than a stranger. I told him I would sell him his stuff back at cost if he wants it back later. He now has an 07 and 08 arctic cat 650 h1 he is trying to sell.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure I would have taken advantage of a "buddy" either. I think I would have offererd to sell it for him on Craigslist or eBay. I do this allot for my dad who does not like computers. He is always shocked at what people will pay for stuff, most of the time sight unseen.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by xcitmt
I am not sure I would have taken advantage of a "buddy" either. I think I would have offererd to sell it for him on Craigslist or eBay. I do this allot for my dad who does not like computers. He is always shocked at what people will pay for stuff, most of the time sight unseen.
You are a VERY good person.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i am the one who bought this wheeler. and i aM not called taking advantage of a buddy. he called me and said get as much as you can by noon. and thats all i could get. it was his fault for being late on payments and blowing all his money and not managing it the right way. so there for if it was you i garuantee you guys would of snatched it up your self.... all i see here is a bunch of crying and jealousy. he could of refused the offer. this isn't a counciling group here i am just talking about a good deal on an atv not how to better other peoples life. its called wheel and deal always buy it if it cheap . in todays world do what you can to get ahead. he wanted me to buy it out of the blue wanted $3,500 and all i could get that day was $1,900 in my eyes i got him a roof over his head for a few more months.... and it is called get a job so you don't have to sell everything you own so cheap./

Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah he sounds just like that,there are some good peeps on this forum!!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

As long as you can sleep at night ickabob..............You are right though, many people get ahead by screwing over alot of people.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Ahhhhh what a wonderful ATV family we are in. Glad you would all be ther to help me in a pinch.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

ickabob, you are right some people get themselves into these situations because they live beyond their means. And you are right everyone is looking for a great deal. I think what we are all hung up on is that you considered him a "buddy". Yes he has a roof for a couple more months, and yes he should be looking for a job, but still.. Anyone I would consider a "buddy" or "freind", I think I would have gave him what I could, took the quad to protect myself, but made it a point that he can have it back for the same price when he digs himself out. At least I would hope my freinds would do that for me.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Ahhhhh what a wonderful ATV family we are in. Glad you would all be ther to help me in a pinch.
Yeah, if you ever needed it, I'd buy your Dodge. And when you got back on your feet again, I'd sell you back my Ford.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Yeah, if you ever needed it, I'd buy your Dodge. And when you got back on your feet again, I'd sell you back my Ford.
No thanks I think I would just walk instead

Quick Reply: damn good deal